Chapter 10

Hey, gals and guys!! Thanks for all the reads and votes. I appreciate it! Keep up the voting and comments! :) 

KYLIE POV

It's been a week since Stereotype Day. The day after Stereotype Day, Andrew asked Jessica out. It completely surprised me because I didn't peg him as the romantic type. I pegged him as more of the goofy type that is serious and gives advice when needed.

What he did was cute. During lunch, Andrew stood on the tables with flowers in his hands. He made an elaborate speech, saying how he really likes someone and he's never felt for anyone as strongly as he feels for her. Then turned to Jess, and asked her out.

I wish he never grew the balls to do so.

I want Jessica to be happy, she's my best friend, and we're always there for each other. I want Andrew to be happy too, I consider him a friend. But ever since he asked her out, Jess has been up my ass. She's telling me that she is the happiest she's ever been and she wants me to be just as happy by getting a boyfriend.

Naturally, I told her I don't need a guy to be happy. 

Because I don't.

Jess wouldn't hear of it. She threatened me by saying she'll set me up on a blind date. I didn't believe her. But damn, I should have. 

She did exactly what she said she'd do and set me up on a blind date. 

Now we're on the school's field, waiting for the other cheerleaders to show up so we can start practice, and I'm trying to convince her to let me out of it.

"Jess, I don't want to do this!" I complain.

"Boohoo for you. You're going." Jess smirks.

"Will you at least tell me who I'm being forced to go on a date with?" I plead.

Andrew walks onto the field and Jess waves him over. "I believe you are missing the meaning of a blind date. It means you don't know who you're going on a date with."  She rolls her eyes. "Stop being such a chicken and just do it." 

Andrew overhears what Jess said and agrees with her. "Yeah, stop being a... what did Luke call you again?" Andrew teases. "I believe it was deadpan. And at this moment, you're proving his point."

I roll my eyes and sit down with a huff. "There's nothing wrong with being careful," I muttered in annoyance.

"No, but when you're eighty years old, sitting in a nursing home, do you want to sit there and constantly wonder what would've happened if you did this, and what would've happened if you'd done that?" Andrew asks.

Damn you, Andrew! I hate it when he gets philosophical.

"I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Luke. I have my reasons." I say. He opens his mouth to say something but I stop him before he can even start. "Don't you have somewhere to be right now?" I snap.

Even though I snapped at him, Andrew appears unfazed. "Yes, I have football practice."  He turns to Jess. "Bye, babe." He kisses her forehead then runs over to their side of the field. Not before I cringe at the pet name.

I sigh. "So, where do I meet my date?" I say reluctantly.

Jess squeals happily and smiles."I knew you'd come around."

"Whatever, you better not have set me up with a creep," I warn.

"What crawled up your ass and died?" 

"Jess," I say in a warning tone.

She puts her hands up in mock surrender. "Okay, okay. I told him to meet you here," She points to the field. "On this field, at eight tonight."

I look at Jess like she deserves to go to the loony bin. "The date's tonight and you didn't bother to tell me sooner? That's right after practice! Two hours!"

Jess shrugs. "Guess you better go get ready and let me handle practice."

I glare at her but does as she suggests. I grab my bag and run to my car. Once I'm in my car, I rest my head on the steering wheel and sigh. 

It's not that I've never been on a date before because I have. I just hate going on dates. 

I want my dad to be here to glare at the boy that's taking me out. To tell him that there's "no funny business allowed." And then look at me with a smile and say "have fun". But as we're walking to the boy's car he yells, "but no too much fun!".

I lift my head and buckle my seat belt. I start the car and reluctantly drive home and get ready.

-------------------------

I walk onto the field an hour and fifty-five minutes later.  I guess Jess and the rest of the girls, as well as the football team, finished everything early because there is no one here. 

I wait on the field for my date, and the longer I wait, the more freaked out I get. It's dark and it's getting a little cold. I hate how freaky the field is now that I'm alone in the dark. 

As I stand there feeling freaked out, someone jumps out at me and wraps their arms around my waist from behind, and yells "Boo!" 

I scream, ready to elbow the person in the stomach, but I hear a familiar mocking laugh. "Luke! I'm going to kill you!"

Luke laughs harder. "You should've seen your face!"

"Luke, it's not funny. What are you even doing here?"

"I should ask the same to you. Andrew set me up on some stupid blind date." Luke mutters.

I roll my eyes when I realize what Andrew and Jessica did. "Of course he did. That's what Jess did to me. I should have guessed. We're their best friends." 

Luke grins. "Well, I was just going to take my date out to eat, but now that I found out it's you, I have a better idea." 

I quirk an eyebrow at him. "What are you planning now?"

"We're going to do something a little less...deadpan-ish." I glare at him, but he smirks. "Oh, don't worry. It's nothing too dangerous. People do this on a daily basis. We went when we were kids."

"What?" I ask.

"You'll see." He gestures for me to follow him and we head to his car. "You up for a drive?"

"How long of a drive?"

"About four hours. We'll have to stay in a hotel and do what I'm planning tomorrow though."

I look at him as he starts to drive. "I don't have a choice, do I?"

"Nope." Luke gives me a grin and continues to drive. "I hope you're ready to have fun tomorrow."

"As ready as I'll ever be," I say as I look out the window.