Chapter 14

Hey, guys and gals! Please comment and vote :)!

KYLIE POV

I open the gate to the cemetery, strolling over to my Dads' grave. Reaching my Dads' grave, I set my bag down. Sitting down across from his headstone, I hug my knees to my chest.

"Hi, Dad." I sigh. "I know it's been a while since I last visited, but Mom hates coming here because it's so hard for her. It's hard for all of us. But it's my birthday and I wanted to see you." I grab onto my necklace, hoping wherever he is, he knows I'm wearing it. "Or at least as close to seeing you as I can get," I mumble. "I wanted to catch you up on some things too." I take a deep breath.

"Mom and Nate are good. Nate is just as annoying as ever and he seems to be home a lot, but he's doing good in college. Mom is doing good. She's up to her matchmaking ways, again. I don't know if you remember Luke Parker, but I went on a date with him. It's strange, I used to think that I hated him, but ever since we sort of made a truce, we've actually been getting along. And I like it. I like him. Mom has already told me she approves and that we are cute together. I'm even supposed to go to his house for dinner tonight. I just wish..." I stop speaking, a lump forming in my throat.

I wipe the stray tear falling down my cheek. "I just wish you were here. I miss you, Daddy." I choke out a sob. I take deep breathes to calm myself down and stop myself from crying. I stand up, grabbing my bag in the process. "Bye Dad, I love you." I walk out of the cemetery, get in my car, and drive off.

-------------------

I walk into my house, hoping I don't look like I was crying. "I'm home!" I yell, walking into the living room.

My Mom stands up from the couch and hugs me. "How was school?"

"Oh, you know, same old uncalled for happy birthday wishes because I'm what classifies as popular." I roll my eyes. "I mean, honestly, I'm no different from anybody else. So, what? I can do a back handspring. Everybody has things they're good at." I pause. "Except for Nate. He isn't good at anything." I joke about my brother.

Have to get in my daily insults.

My Mom smiles and shakes her head. "You're strange. A good strange, but strange." I shrug dismissively. "You know, Luke called." She said.

I look at the time and see it's only five-thirty. "What did he want?"

My Mom waves my question off. "That doesn't matter. But I hear you're having dinner with him."

Nate walks into the room and smirks. "Kylie's got a boyfriend." He teases.

"Real mature," I tell him before returning my attention back to my Mom. "Yes, I am having dinner with him. He's picking me up at seven."

My Mom grins. "Good. That boy makes you happy, and you deserve to be happy today."

Nate walks over and puts me in a headlock. He gives me a noogie as he sings. "Luke and Kylie sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love-"

My mother cut him off. "That's enough Nate, let Kylie go. I swear you act as if you're five." She scolds.

He lets me go and I stick my tongue out at him. "Real mature." He says, throwing my words back at me.

"At least I can count to how old I am," I smirk.

"Enough! Both of you! Kylie, go get ready for your dinner with Luke. Nate, go do something productive for a change." My mom commands. 

I laugh at what my Mom said to Nate as I head up the stairs. I go into my room and change into a white, v-neck crop top. I pair it with light-colored skinny jeans and Uggs with a bow on the back. I keep my hair in loose curls and do my make up with light eye shadow, adding eyeliner and mascara. I grab my locket, putting it in my pocket so I can put it on in Luke's car. I don't want my Mom to see it.