Chapter 12

I'm officially done my freshmen year of high school !!!! Yay! Go Me! I can't believe it though. I'll be graduating before I know it. 

Here's the next chapter! Please comment and vote! It helps and I appreciate it!

KYLIE POV

"Oh, come on! Do you really need to try on everything?" Luke complains. I can practically see the eye roll from the changing room.

"Yes! Just because someone likes an article of clothing, doesn't mean it looks good on them or fits them right!" I point out. "I may be gorgeous, but I can't make everything work." I joke.

"Hurry up, Jacobs!" Luke growls.

I walk out in ripped skinny jeans, a black cropped top, and a flannel tied around my waist. "Happy?" I ask as I roll my eyes. "And I don't appreciate you using my last name like that." I turn to the mirror and look at my outfit.

"I use your last name when I'm pissed." He blatantly states. "You use my last when you're pissed at me."

I nod in agreement. "Yes, I do. And notice how I haven't been using your last name lately?" I catch Luke's eyes in the mirror as he nods. "Yeah, well if you keep telling me to hurry up and continue to be pissy, I'll start using your last name. Along with a string of profanities."

I turn to Luke and look at him expectantly, waiting for him to tell me how I look. "You look great, okay? Can we go now? It's almost noon."

I roll my eyes and nod. "Yes, we can go to wherever you're planning on taking me." 

Luke grins. "Finally! We can have some fun!"

We walk to the register and pay for my outfit. Once we've paid, we go to Lukes's car and get on the road to wherever the hell we're headed. "Will you please tell me where we're going?" I ask putting emphasis on the word, please.

"Nope. I gave you a hint and that's it."

I sigh. "I said it once, I'll say it again, sometimes you're intolerable."

"You're only complaining because this is against your deadpan behaviors." Luke glances at me.

"And you're only doing this because you're frivolous. I have my reasons as to why I'm careful, but being careful does not make me a deadpan. I'd rather be careful than foolhardy and frivolous. You don't take anything seriously." I defend myself.

"I do take things seriously!"

"Oh, right I forgot. It's whatever you 'Hope I Never Find Out'." I mock his formerly spoken words.

Luke's grip on the steering wheel tightens. "Look, Kylie, it's complicated."

"Why can't you just tell me?" 

"I told you why last week. You'll hate me forever." Luke shakes his head.

"I said that I wouldn't." I cross my arms over my chest.

"That's because you have no fucking clue what it is." He says.

"Whatever, Parker." I huff. I look out the window and ignore Luke.

Twenty minutes later, Luke pokes my arm. "We're almost there." He sings.

I look around and look for clues as to where we are going and then I see a sign for an amusement park. The same park my family went to when I was younger.

Just like that, Luke's hint made sense. 

I didn't want to go, but once I did, I had the time of my life.