Chapter 4

Please comment and vote! By the way, above is Kylie's cheer uniform. The only difference is her uniform has the letters RHS, for Ridgewood High School.

KYLIE POV

Luke and I make our way downstairs and into the kitchen. "Whatever you cooked smells delicious, Mrs.Jacobs." Luke compliments.

Kiss ass.

"Well, aren't you a sweetheart?" My mother smiles.

Luke smiles and sits down at the table. I sit down next to Luke and roll my eyes at him, but I can't help the smile that's on my lips. "So, mom, what's for dinner?"

"Your favorite." My mother says in a sing-song voice.

I smile, ushering my mother to bring it out from the kitchen. "What's your favorite food?" Luke asks.

"Baked Teriyaki Chicken."

"Got it." He says.

I give him a curious look. "What do you mean, you got it?"

"I mean, I made a mental note that baked teriyaki chicken is your favorite," Luke responds casually.

"Why?" I ask.

"Why, what?" He shoots back.

"Why did you make a mental note?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Luke smirks.

I look at Luke, trying to figure him out. My mother reenters, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Kylie, will you please help me carry everything in?"

I nod and get up from the dining room table. I go into the kitchen and find my mother grinning widely. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I approve of this one." She says.

"What?" I ask, bewildered.

"I approve of Luke. I usually don't like the boys you bring home. And the way he looks at you when you aren't looking is adorable."

"Luke and I aren't together. And I've never brought a boy home. I've never had a boyfriend." I point out.

She dismisses her comment with a wave of her hand. "Well, you two should be together. You guy-"

I look at the clock and see it's five forty-five. A wave of panic flows through me."Look, mom, as much as I want to continue this conversation, I have to be at the school in an hour and a half." I say, cutting her off.

I go back into the dining room and sit back down next to Luke. Luke gives me a confused look. "I thought you had to help carry stuff out here from the kitchen?"

"Yeah, that was my mom's way of getting me in the kitchen so she could talk to me." I roll my eyes at my mom's foolishness. "Oh, and eat fast. We have to be at the school in an hour and twenty."

Luke nods. "I know. At least it's not a long drive. It's only eight minutes."

"True."

My mom comes out of the kitchen and sets the chicken on the table. "Dig in." She smiles.

My mom goes to exit the dining room, and I realize there are only two places set. "Mom, where are you going?"

My mom winks at me."Oh, I already ate a sandwich earlier. I'm not that hungry."

I glare at my mom, who is already heading up the stairs by now. "Mothers," I mumble.

Luke chuckles. "Mine is the same way." I smile, feeling conflicted about enjoying his company when I'm supposed to despise him. "Hey, your birthday is in three weeks, right?"