Chapter 11

Hey, guys and gals :) Please comment and vote! 

KYLIE POV

"Kylie," Someone shakes me gently.  "Kylie," The same husky voice sings while shaking me a little harder. "Wake up, princess."

I open my eyes and see Luke grinning a boyish grin. "What?" I ask, still half asleep.

"We're at the hotel," Luke says. "Come on, let's go." I groan and close my eyes once again. "Oh please! You can sleep in the hotel room. " I open one eye, intrigued by the sound of more sleep in a place that's not this car. "In a nice comfy bed." He adds.

I open both my eyes, getting out of the car walking toward the hotel, motivated by a comfy bed, and more sleep. "Come on, let's go," I say mimicking his words.

Luke rolls his eyes as we walk into the hotel and to the front desk. "A room for one night, please."

The receptionist eyes us and I suddenly realize how this must look and the assumption she's making. Two teenagers spending a night in a hotel together. Staying for only one night. The assumption being those two teenagers doing the nasty. "Preferably with two beds," I add with a glare at Luke. 

The receptionist smiles and nods. "I'll see what we have available." 

As we wait, I take the time to look at the receptionist. She's a blonde woman with bright blue eyes and the body of a twenty-year-old. She looks to be in her early thirties and extremely bored with this job. 

I turn my gaze toward the lobby and see Luke didn't just choose any old dingy motel. This place had a large, high ceiling, lobby. There was a chandelier hanging from the center of the ceiling, and directly below, there was a maroon rug with white couches and a coffee table on top of it. The walls were white with maroon stripes where the corners and the ceiling met them.

"We have two rooms available. One with one bed, and then we have the master suite which has two and a couch." The receptionist says. 

Luke looks at me then turns to the receptionist.  "We'll take the suite."

My jaw nearly dropped to the floor right there. It's weird Luke is okay that I'm his date, and then turns our date into some elaborate surprise, but for him to choose what seems to be an expensive hotel, and even choose the master suite, makes me feel like he has gone more bonkers than the mad hatter.

"Luke, I can't let you pay for the master suite." I stop him before it's final and he spends more money than he needs to. "We'll just take the room with one bed."

"Why? You want to cuddle with me?" Luke asks with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"No, you'll be living the floor life tonight," I say with a grin. 

The receptionist chuckles and hands us a key with a number. The second floor, room two-hundred and three. "Sir, if you need extra blankets and pillows, just call the main desk and I'll send someone up with them."

I laugh and head to the elevator. Luke accompanies me and gives me a glare. "I don't want to sleep on the floor."  He whines.

I press the button for the second floor and the doors close. "I don't care. It was your idea to stay here in the first place. I would have been fine with dinner." 

"But I'm paying for the room." He points out.

"I didn't ask you to."

The doors open and we step out onto the second floor. "You're feisty tonight."

I open the door to our room and enter.  "Old habits die hard." I shrug.

I walk over to the king-size bed and jump on it. I snuggle with the pillow and smile. "This bed is so comfy."

Luke chuckles. "I wouldn't know." Luke looks around the room and sighs. He grabs two of the pillows and puts them on the floor. "I'm gonna call the main desk for a blanket." He grabs the phone and calls for a blanket, sitting on the side of the bed when he's done. 

"Luke?" I break the silence.

"Yeah?"

"What do you have planned for tomorrow?" I ask.

"That's for me to know, and you to find out." He winks. There's a knock at the door and Luke gets up. "I'll get it." He goes to the door and comes back with a comforter. 

Luke lays down on the floor stares at the ceiling with his hands behind his head. I turn out the lights and lay on my stomach, my head peeking over the side of the bed so I can talk to Luke. "Comfy?"

"No, this is killing my back." He pouts.

I smirk. "Boo-hoo for you." I roll over so I am on my back and start to drift off. I'm about to fall asleep when I hear the TV turn on. "Luke! What the hell?"

"I can't sleep." He says nonchalantly. 

I sigh. "Fine, we can share the damn bed. But you better keep your ass on your own side."

Luke shuts off the TV and jumps up and grins. He grabs his pillows, puts them back on the bed, then jumps in. "Thank you, princess."

"Don't mention it...really don't mention it...ever," I say sternly.

He smirks. "I wouldn't dream of it."I close my eyes and face the opposite direction. After a few minutes, Luke starts poking my back.

"Luke, go to sleep," I mumble. 

"But I need something to cuddle with. Or someone..." He says suggestively. 

"Then cuddle with a pillow," I say with irritation. "Just shut up, and go to sleep."

"Fine," He huffs. "But you're missing out on the best cuddle session of your life." I groan and cover my ears with the pillow. I just want to sleep! Is that too much to ask? "You're pissy when you're tired. Did you know that?"

Ugh!

---------------------------------

"Wake up!" Luke yells in my ear.

I jump and fall off the bed. "What the fuck!" I shouted as I rub my head.

"I ordered pancakes from room service," Luke says, acting as if he didn't just scare me.

"Chocolate chip?" I question as I get back in bed.

"Yes, chocolate chip." Luke nods. He hands them to me and I start to eat. "Hurry up. We need to leave soon. Can't forget our date." He winks.

I finish eating then get out of bed and head to the bathroom. "I'm taking a quick shower. It's bad enough that I have to wear the same clothes twice in a row." I give a glare to Luke. If he let me stop at home to grab some clothes, it wouldn't have been a problem.

"Tell you what, if you hurry up, I'll stop at a clothing store of your choice and buy you an outfit to wear." I smile and rush into the bathroom to take a quick shower.  

Once I'm finished, I walk out of the bathroom and slip on my shoes. "I'm ready." I grin at Luke.

"Okay, off to the store we go." He declares in a superhero voice.

I laugh as we walk out of the hotel room. "Then where to?" I attempt to get the location of our date out of him.

"Oh, you know," He winks. "A place." Luke and I get into the elevator and he pushes the button for the lobby.

I roll my eyes. "You're intolerable sometimes," I say.

"Says the girl that I almost had to sleep on the floor for." He smirks. We walk into the lobby and he walks over to the receptionist, handing in the key to our room.

Once he's done, we walk out and get into Lukes's car. "Come on! Just one little hint? Please?" I beg.

He takes off down the road as he thinks of a hint."You didn't want to go, but once you went you had the time of your life." Luke says.

"What?" 

"That's my hint," Luke states as he gives me a side glance.

"What kind of hint is that?" I say incredulously.

"A good one," Luke responds. "It's a surprise, Kylie, Don't be deadpan." 

"I'm not a deadpan!"