Chapter 16

Hey, guys and gals :)  Now that you've read the last chapter, I want to quickly say something. Bullying is NOT okay. It's not okay to put someone down, to make them feel less than you. It's NOT okay. People get hurt, people feel. Instead of bullying each other, we should be lifting each other up. That IS okay. Making people feel good about themselves IS okay. Words can hurt just as much as a weapon, if not more. So, help people who are bullied, befriend them. One kind gesture can be the difference between someone who is bullied committing suicide or living through another day.

Please comment and vote!! Enjoy!

KYLIE POV

"Kylie, get up! Someone's at the door for you!" My Mom yells.

"Tell them to go away! I'm sleeping!" I holler back as I rollover.  

I hear muffled voices before someone walks up the stairs. My door creaks open and someone shuffles over to my bed. I try my best to ignore them and go back to sleep.

All of a sudden, my blankets are ripped off me. "I will not tell them to go away. It's Saturday and almost noon! you should be up." My mother scolds.

"I've had a long week," I whine.

 That's an understatement, actually. First, the anniversary of my Dads' death was just a few days ago, then Luke decided to be a dick and ruin whatever we had, then I found out that my entire cheer team is full of people that make others feel bad about themselves for their own enjoyment. 

Fortunately, I'm working on the last issue.

"Hard week or not, go greet your guest." My mom leaves the room as I groan, getting out of bed.

I go into my bathroom and brush my teeth and hair. I don't bother getting dressed, I'm most likely going to make the person go away so I can go back to sleep anyway. 

I go down the stairs and stop mid-step when I see who is here. Luke. "What do you want?" I scowl.

"To apologize." Luke nervously brushes his hand through his hair.

"Go away, I want to sleep," I say as I turn on my heel to go back up the stairs.

"Kylie, manors." My mother lectures as she walks to the door.

I sigh. "Fine, will you please leave so I may get back to sleeping?"

"Kylie!" My mother reprimands me again.

I groan. "Okay, okay." I put my hands up in defense. My mother leaves, and I hold back another groan. "Give me ten minutes to change out of my pajamas," I announce to Luke as I walk up the stairs.

Once I've changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, I go back downstairs, not bothering to do my make-up. 

"That was only six minutes." Luke jokes.

I give him a pointed look. "I'm only listening to what you have to say because I'll never hear the end of it from my mother if I don't. I'm still pissed at you. So, don't act like everything is fine between us. It's not."

"Right." He says running his hand through his hair again. "Can we step outside?"

I nod and follow him outside. I sit down on my porch swing and avoid Luke's gaze. We both stay silent until I speak. "Look, you said you were here to apologize. If you aren't going to do it, I'm going back inside." I start to get up.

"No!" Luke yells, making me sit back down. He clears his throat. "Sorry, that was loud." He sighs. "I am here to apologize. I just don't know how to start."