Chapter 18

Hey, guys and gals :) Hope you enjoy this chapter. Please comment and vote!

KYLIE POV

When some people have a fight with their significant other, they lock themselves in their room and mope. Letting themselves feel dejected and constantly weep, only surfacing when necessary. 

Me?

I'm the type of person that will show them what they're missing instead of crying and binge-watching a show on Netflix.

Is it better than moping? Definitely.

Does moping get you anywhere in life? Nope.

Does my reckless approach help? Debatable. 

Where does my approach get you in life? Well, it depends on how far you take it. If you're an extremist, then it lands you in a jail cell. If you're more laid back about it, then it makes you drown yourself with extracurricular activities and keeping yourself occupied so you don't think about what's upsetting you. I turn into a workaholic.

This is why Jessica is doing the opposite of what a best friend would normally do. She is in my bedroom, forcing me to stay home tonight to watch movies and eat junk food. I really don't understand why. I was doing perfectly fine. I don't need this so-called treatment she is giving me! 

"You need to stop drowning yourself with the extra workouts and the extracurriculars you're joining at school! Honesty, you're in enough clubs. Stop joining more!" Jessica scolds.

"This is better!" I motion to the junk food and pile of movies. "You're acting like Luke and I broke up! We just had an argument!"

"If it was such an irrelevant argument, then why haven't you talked to him all week?" Jess fires back.

I scowl at her and grab a bag of sour patch kids, munching on them to avoid her question. 

"That's what I thought." She says proudly.

"Shut up," I grumble.

"Besides, it's midnight. The only people out now are rapists, prostitutes, alcoholics, druggies, and just plain crazies." Jess says.

"Fine! I give up! Let's just start the movie marathon, already." I groan.

"Thank you, bestie." Jess smiles. 

"Whatever." I roll my eyes.

"You know you love me." She grins. Jess gets up and puts in a movie as I get settled on my bed, continuing to eat my sour patch kids.

The movie starts and I hear something hit my window causing Jess and I to jump. "What the hell was that?" I ask.

"I have no fucking clue," Jess says, just as baffled as I am.

There is another tap against my window, and I get up to see what it is. I look out the window and see Luke in my backyard, throwing pebbles at my window. I grumble some incoherent words and look at Jess. "What category does Luke fit in, since he is out at midnight?" I ask. 

"He doesn't count." She says defiantly. "Now, will you open your window and confront your Romeo."

I grimace. "They both die at the end of that story. And Juliet was thirteen while Romeo was eighteen." I open my window and scowl. "Luke, what the hell?! It's midnight!" I whisper yell.

"Get dressed and meet me in front of your house. I need to take you somewhere." He says back just as quietly. 

"Luke, I can't just leave! If my mom found she'd kill me!" I argue.

"I'll cover for you," Jess says.

At this moment, my brother decides to walk in with a smirk. "I'll help cover for you. Don't be such a deadpan."

This causes me to groan in frustration. My own brother is betraying me! Calling me a deadpan and trying to make me go with my idiotic boyfriend in my backyard! 

"I'm not a deadpan. The only reason you would cover for me is so you can use it as blackmail in the future." I call my brother out.

"So? Who cares what my motives are?" Nate says dismissively.

"Me! I care!" I say disbelievingly. "Not that long ago, you were telling me I need to stay in tonight!" I say, turning my attention to Jess.

"That was before! This is a completely different circumstance." She says.

"Oh, will you just meet me in front of your house, already!" Luke says. 

I look back out the window as I roll my eyes. "Whatever you're going to show me...will it be worth it?"

"Yes." He says without hesitation. 

I sigh and shake my head, "I can't believe I'm about to do this." I grumble to myself. "Fine!" I yell down to Luke.

I quickly change into something other than a tank top and shorts. I leave to go meet Luke but not before sending one final death glare at Jess and my brother.  

I walk out my front door and see Luke waiting at the bottom of my porch steps. I roll my eyes and walk straight past him and into his car. I buckle up and stare out the window as Luke gets in, buckles his seatbelt, and drives off.

"I'm glad you came," Luke says, breaking the silence.

I scoff as I continue to look out the window. "Just don't make me regret it," I say. 

"Look, I know you're angry with me and I'm sorry. I know I fucked up. I know that I don't need to be a dick every single time my brother is mentioned. It's just a touchy subject. I'll admit that you deserve to know about it, but it's not something I can just tell you. It's not something you talk about to make conversation." He says.

I glare at Luke. "Maybe if you'd actually talk to me about it, then I'd understand! But, no! You just continuously push me away. And I'm not just going to sit here and act like I don't feel the way I feel about all of this."

Luke looks at me incredulously. "And how, exactly, do you feel about all of this?"

"I feel hurt. I feel hurt because I feel like you don't trust me. I feel like you're hiding something from me. I feel like I'm being duped. And I feel scared because if you are hiding something from me, what's bad enough that you would think you need to hide something from me?" I rant.

"I'm not trying to make you feel hurt. I do trust you." He says.

"Whatever, Luke," I grumble and stare out the window again.

Luke sighs dejectedly and drives silently, a slight frown permanently etched onto his lips, and a distant look in his eye. Even though I have a right to act this way, I can't help but feel bad that I'm the one causing him to frown. I yawn and lean my head against the window, guilt pulsing through me. 

Luke looks at me and his eyes soften. "Sleep, baby," He says. "I'll wake you when we get there."

I nod slightly as a close my eyes, letting sleep take over.

-------------------------------------

"Kylie," Luke gently shakes me. "We're here."

I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eyes. I slowly open my eyes and I audibly gasp, my eyes going wide when I see where Luke took me. Confusion clouds my thoughts and I try to make sense of the situation.

Why would he take me here?

----------------------------------------------------

Hey peoples :) 

What do you think Luke's hiding?  Where do you think he took Kylie? Let me know in the comments or inbox me ;)