Chapter 21

Hey, guys and gals :) Here's the next chapter! Please comment and vote!

KYLIE POV

Hurt. Betrayed. Angry. Lost. Depressed.

Those five words are the only adjectives I can use to describe how I've felt.

They say life has obstacles.

Life has ups.

Life has downs.

If you're fortunate, your ups will outweigh the downs, no matter how disastrous they are. No matter how shitty they make you feel.

They say in the end it will all be better.

It will all work out.

You'll find peace and happiness.

So, when is it my turn for peace and happiness?

When is it my turn to have my ups outweigh the downs, without having my balance beam snap in my face and stab me in the heart?    

Right now, as I sit in my room for almost two weeks to the day, I'm calling bullshit. One of the things, or people, I've considered one of my so-called 'ups', just became one of my heaviest downs.

I thought this forementioned 'up' would make me happy, would always be there to support me through those god-forsaken downs.  To save me from drowning in my sea of sorrows when the weight of the downs became too heavy for me to swim with.

But I couldn't have been more wrong. 

I feel stupid. 

Huh, stupid, another thing to add to the list.

Hurt. Betrayed. Angry. Lost. Depressed. 

And... stupid.  

To top it all off, my own mother knew and didn't tell me.

There's a knock on my door and I snap out of my dark thoughts. "Go away." I order weakly.           

Another knock.

"If it's mom, Nate, Jessica or...'He Who Shall Not Be Named',  I don't want to talk to any of you." I scowl at the door.

I know Nate and Jess didn't do anything, but they are people who my mom would ask to talk to me on her behalf. And I don't want to hear it. 

Jessica has already been texting me every day, asking me why I haven't been to school, and why I'm ignoring everyone.

Of course, I sent a mature and clever reply of 'Leave me alone. I don't want to talk about it.'

The door opens, and someone I'm beyond shocked to see saunters in.

Andrew.

"Why are you in here?" I narrow my eyes.

"Well, unless I'm Lord Voldemort, my name was not on the 'Do Not Enter' list." He smirked.

''Yeah, well I bet 'He Who Shall Not Be Named' is the one that sent you." My  scowl deepens.

Andrew shakes his head. "Actually, no. I came because he said you texted him and told him to never talk to you again and that you'll never forgive him for what he did. Let me tell you since he's read that message, he's been a mess. Barely eats, it's clear he hasn't really slept, and don't even get me started on how he is during practice. Jess is worried about you too."