A Note from the Author

Dear Reader,

It's been a long and lovely winding ride with this book you are about to delve into. From its very beginnings as ramblings on Quizzlet from my confused middle school mind; to its near breaking point at the mercy of my writer's block and rage at the rampant plagiarism of my work; to it's peak, published online and supported by so many of my "Day One" readers as well as a wealth of newfound international fans. 

All I can say is that it has truly been a pleasure; this book and the friendships I've made while writing it were the reason I smiled on most days - and for a long, long time. I still think about its magic some mornings, remembering all of our good times. Thank you to readers of the past, present, and future.

To be clear, let me remind you I started it in eighth grade, and to preserve it as a kind of time capsule book, I've not edited it much save for basic spelling and some grammar. Fair warning - it's a bit drawn out. It's probably cheesy as all hell. Melodrama overload in some chapters. But if you give it a chance, I know it has some good parts, too, and it means well. Who knows? Maybe you'll find a piece of you in these pages. 

It's a little bit like my diary, one I wrote as I navigated high school and tried to figure it all out. If you're in the thick of it now and trying to figure it all out for yourself, too, amidst the pressures and struggles and choices and chaos, I'm here! In this book, and on this site, and I promise you will look back and find moments to smile and laugh about. 

I hid my writing for a long time before I finally got the courage to admit it, to be proud of it. And it's been one of the best feelings of my life thus far. If you're still reading, and if this is as far as you get, I'll leave you with the only words that matter: Revel in all that is you. Find what you love, find what you're good at, and run with it. Or, as Charles Bukowski would say, "let it kill you." Figuratively, of course. 

I offer you my little miracle for free once more. I hope it makes you smile, or laugh, or cringe. But in a good way, haha! 

Happy reading! :)

All best,

-S