Epilogue

It is to my understanding that everyone, at one point or another in his or her life, stumbles. Hits an unexpected speed bump. Encounters a rather large issue. Discovers a phobia. Breeds an obsession. Unravels a tragic story. Makes a life-altering mistake. This issue usually marks the height of adolescence - or at least, for the moment, it feels like it.

Notice how I said 'usually'. Truth is, adults are almost as naïve as teenagers, especially when it comes to love. They're scared. They make mistakes. They hold back. My mistake? Hah! Where to start? Falling for Fox Evans. Kissing Fox Evans. Letting other people convince me I was ready to have sex, therefore, almost having sex with Fox Evans. Asking Fox Evans for a label on our relationship. Not stopping Fox Evans from leaving the country, nor opening the envelope he gave me prior to said departure.

Where I fit in to stereotypical society? I'm the girl that almost let 'him' get away. I'm the one that got scared; that chicken-out and sabotaged her own chance at happiness. I didn't go for it because I'd never gone for it before. But when I finally did go for it... it was indescribably worth it.

Fox and I are going to college together; we're going to enjoy each other and enjoy whatever comes our way. There's no timer to our relationship, so we're not treating it as one. He still annoys me, and I still challenge him every step of the way. We work.

Nina's decided on a fall wedding. I'm the Maid of Honor and Fox is the Best Man. We got those parts because of our terrific meddling skills.

Lily and Nick are still going strong. We try to hang out as much as possible. They've made it through one hell of a hurdle, which definitely gives me hope for the future.

My parents are happy. I know because they've asked me to call in before I come to visit now... and whenever I get to the house it takes them a couple minutes to get to the door. They're all smiles. I never ask them what they've been up to. Quite frankly I'm not interested in knowing. They also give me hope for my own relationship.

All my friends give me hope, really. They all put in the effort for people that they loved; people they wanted in their lives. Fox is that person for me.

Forever? Yeah, that'd be nice. I'm much more focused on the 'right now' spectrum, though. And right now, life's looking pretty damn good.