Chapter 33

.FOX'S POV.

"So, word on the street is..." Nick began, clearing his throat and crossing his Nike-clad feet on the coffee table, "Emery kissed you."

"What street d'you hear that from?" I smirked, smiling. I knew I had given myself away.

"Dude," Nick laughed. "Finally! I thought that'd never happen."

"Yeah, I told her she owed me for letting her practice in my car before her road test." I sat back in his sofa and chewed my gum as I recalled last week's events.

"So you forced it outta her?" Nick asked.

"No," I automatically responded. I was sure that she'd wanted to kiss me as much as I had wanted to kiss her. She was just lacking some kind of excuse or outside force to coax her into it.

Nick laughed, nodding. "She's wanted to do that for months now, I'm sure."

"You think so?" I was staring off, thinking of where to go from here.

"What about you, though?" he asked with a curious, raised brow. I didn't like the turn the conversation had taken.

"What do you mean?" I responded dumbly, taking the remote and turning the TV on in search of something to watch.

"You bastard," Nick smirked. "You've been dying to mack for longer than she has, I bet."

"Not mack," I muttered, settling for a basketball game.

"Rape with your lips," Nick corrected, chuckling to himself. I threw the remote at him. "Hey! You know it's true."

I had been interested in kissing her again. She had this insane way of burying herself into my head and coming up at all hours of the day. I didn't know if it was because we were always together at school and at the center or what, but I found myself wanting to be around her. And jumping her had definitely crossed my mind. But she's not the kind of girl that would let me do that, or let me get away with it. She was a relationship kind of girl; exceptionally different from what I usually went for. Virgin. She didn't seem like the clingy type, but she wouldn't let me slip up either. Why am I even thinking these things right now? Dating Emery? It was just a kiss; she won't overanalyze things and demand a ring on her finger. She's cool.

"Speaking of macking," I said, sitting up, "what's with you and Lil?" His expression went serious at the mention of Lily. I felt like a dick, but he had been asking for it.

"Uh, same," he shrugged. "I don't want to freak her out, you know? What if she's not ready for me to touch her again, or kiss her? I don't want to ruin it all."

I nodded, understanding part of where he was coming from. "Yeah, girls suck in that sense. You're always putting your balls on the line when you try getting your ass out of the friend zone."

"I take it Emery's glad your ass is out of there?" Nick joked.

I shrugged. "Seemed like it. I don't know where that puts me now, though. I didn't exactly propose to her."

Nick turned his attention to the game for a bit. "Look man, you like her. I can see it; from the way you talk about her you definitely respect her. And I'd bet my Nike's that she likes, too. Do you want to make it official?"

"No," I said instantly. Nick looked at me questioningly. "I don't want to rush things. Like, that kind of label is not something I'm sure I could live up to..."

"You've thought about it though," Nick taunted, wagging his finger at me. "Dude you're done. You're done. You've considered it already. A few more kisses and you'll be whipped for good. Done."