Closets Are For Clothes [boyxboy]

Closets are for clothes.

                But I’ve had luck hiding in one for 2 years.

                That’s right. I’m a guy who likes guys. My name? Maxwell Ricardo Quincy. I’m 16 years old and I live with parents who are disapprove of gays. My friends also like to make mean jokes against gays. It makes me nervous to tell them. Sometimes I even fear that my parents will kick me out of the house.

                I threw on my clothes before going out to wait for the bus. It picked me up and dropped me off at the hell known as high school. “Hey Max!” my best friend Noah said with a bright smile. I smiled back and nodded at him.

                I always felt embarrassed to be around him. He was so cute. I had such a crush on him. He was, thankfully, clueless.  

                And, sadly, straight.

                “Oh, I only get a nod? Not even a hello?” he whined. I chuckled. “Hello Noah!” I said sarcastically. He smiled and nodded in approval. “Much better.” I rolled my eyes. “Do not roll your eyes at me young man!” he scolded. “Sorry daddy,” I said sarcastically.

                Noah pouted. “You are awfully sarcastic today Maxi. Hanging around Pierce too much! It’s not good for you.” Pierce smacked him in the back of the head. “Shuddup!”

                Pierce suddenly grinned. “Hey guys! What’s the difference between Hitler and a gay guy?” He held out his arm as if he were Hitler. “What?” Owen asked, rolling his eyes. “45 degrees!” He flicked his wrist and Noah and Owen laughed. I forced myself to join in. “That was so stupid Pierce!” Noah said.

                Pierce and Owen were bisexual. They still always made mean jokes against gays. It was why I was so scared to tell them. They were constantly reminding us that gay and bisexual were two completely different things.

                Bisexual was curious. Gay was unacceptable.

                “Something wrong Maxwell?” Noah asked in concern. Oh man. Now they were all staring at me. “N-Nothing at all,” I lied nervously. I was so bad at lying. I hated lying. “Max, you suck at lying,” Owen said, raising an eyebrow at me.

                “Maxi!” I smiled. “Lacey girl!” I spun around and hugged Lacey. She giggled and playfully kissed my cheek. “How’s my sexy bitch doing?” she asked. “I’m doing pretty sexy,” I said with a wink.

                The warning bell rang and she sighed dramatically. “Better get to class.” I nodded and walked with Noah to first period English.

                We sat down together and the teacher gave us a worksheet. Noah nudged me about 5 minutes later. I looked at him curiously. “Dude, what’s the answer to number 2?” he whispered.

                I took his paper and scribbled an answer on it before handing it back to him. He had turned around and was talking to Pierce. “Mr. Hottie, turn around,” the teacher said. I forced back a laugh like I always had to when someone said Noah’s name.

                She picked up his paper and I hid my face as a blush crept onto it. “#1. A trial #2. Ice bank mice elf #3. Fi- Wait a minute!” She glared at Noah as the class began to laugh violently.

                Noah’s eyes widened. “What?! No, I didn’t write that! I swear!” he said desperately. The teacher shook her head in disgust and set the paper back on Noah’s desk before walking away.

                I began to laugh and Noah pouted. “Gee thanks Max,” he grumbled. But he cracked a smile at me and also began to laugh. “Alright. That was good. I’ll admit it.”

                I smiled proudly and went back to my work.