Closets Are For Clothes {6}

***Max’s POV***

                Noah and I sat at a gas station eating pizza and sipping on energy drinks. “The greasiest pizza is the best,” Noah said brightly as he took another bite. I chuckled and wiped my hands with a napkin.

                He began to move his head in time with a beat. His headphones were in and I rolled my eyes at him. He began to head bang and a few people gave us weird looks. I laughed and took a sip of my energy drink.

                Noah finally stopped and smiled at me. “What do you want to do when we’re done eating?” he asked, taking another bite of pizza. I shrugged. “We could go to the movies.” “And see TANGLED!” he cried eagerly. I laughed. “Sure Noah. Sure.”

                He did his victory dance and hurried to finish his pizza.

                We left the gas station when we were done and drove to the movie theater. We got out and bought our tickets. We made our way into the theater and sat down after getting snacks and drinks.

                Noah picked our seats and we put our feet up as the previews started. “I want to see that! Oh, I lied. I want to see that one! No, no, no….THAT ONE!” “Noah, shut up! It’s the same preview!” “Well, I want to see it!”

                There were only a few people in the theater. They looked at us but didn’t tell us to be quiet. I found myself watching Noah out of the corner of my eye. He was drinking his soda, his eyes glued to the screen. It was the preview for some comedy movie. Noah loved comedy movies. Noah loved to laugh.

                The movie started and Noah and I went quiet, watching it and laughing occasionally. At the end of the movie, we walked out, still laughing.

                “Don’t be a dummy! Come with mummy!”

                I laughed at Noah and we walked over to the crane game. Noah put in two quarters and I snorted as he started. “You can’t win!” I said sarcastically. He smirked. We both knew Noah was crane game Jesus.

                He managed to win a Pikachu. I laughed as he pulled it out and held it out to me proudly. “For you my love!” I blushed and took it. “Thanks Noah!”

                “Max-a-chu!” he said eagerly. I laughed and hugged Max-a-chu to me. Noah squished next to us and took out his cell phone. He took a picture and grinned. “Facebook bitch!” We walked out to the car and drove back to my house.

                “Noah? I thought you were grounded?” mom asked as we walked inside. Noah shrugged. “My mom and dad are letting Sasha and I run free!” He smiled. “Uh…why?” I asked. I just realized that he was supposed to grounded. “We talked to her,” he said simply and I rolled my eyes.

                Noah and I went up to my room and sat down. “I’m bored,” Noah announced. “Me too,” I said with a frown. We began to play rock paper scissors.

                “Want to…um…yea,” I said lamely. “Don’t be a fool! Wrap your tool!” Noah cried. “Don’t be silly! Wrap your willy!” I said back. We grinned and went off like that until we were out of phrases.

                Noah checked the time and sighed. “I have to get home Maxi. See ya tomorrow!” he hugged me and basically skipped out of my house. I smiled and hugged Max-a-chu to me.

                I ate dinner, took a shower, and went to bed.

                I walked into school the next day and over to Owen, Pierce, Lacey, and Noah. “Maxi!” Lacey cheered and wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back and smiled at everyone. We began to snap and sing Promise The Stars by We The Kings.   

                “You know that you are the only one I’d promise the stars to,” we sang. The others laughed at us as we tried to dance. Lacey giggled and hugged me again. “I love you Maxwell!” “I love you Lacey!”

                I saw Owen and Pierce share a look out of the corner of my eye. Pierce cleared his throat and came over to me. “Max, I need to talk to you.” “Okay?” I said curiously. “Uh, in private,” he said, raising an eyebrow.

                Confused, I followed him to the boys’ bathroom. It was empty except for us. Pierce looked thoughtful for a moment before sighing.

                “Max, Owen and I know about your secret.”

                Panic rose in me, but I tried to stay calm on the outside.

                “Uh, okay?” I said, cocking my head to the side. He waited a moment before speaking again. “Yea. So…uh…” He sighed.

                And then he kissed me deeply.