Closets Are For Clothes {17}

We all sat down together at lunch. I felt my heart drop when I saw that Noah wasn’t at the table. That meant he was out waiting for Andre. I grabbed Max’s hand and gave it a loving squeeze. He smiled at me and I leaned in and pressed my lips to his gently.

                When I looked up, Andre was smirking at me with knowing eyes.

                My heart stopped and I felt the terror enter my eyes. Andre would’ve eventually figured out we were dating, but I had been hoping to at least have had a plan on how to protect Max by then. Now Max was in danger.

                “So you two are dating?” Andre asked pleasantly with that friendly smile. That smile had pulled me in. Those kind eyes. Those good looks. Those kind words. That gentle touch.

                It had all been a lie.

                “Yea,” Max said with a nervous smile. Andre chuckled and sat down. “That’s awesome! Congratulations.” Bullshit. His words pissed me off. But I was too scared to do anything to him. Was I scared of him? No. Was I scared of what he could do? Extremely.

                We ate and talked. They asked Andre questions I knew the answers to. How old was he. Where was he coming from.

                “Why did you move?” Owen asked curiously. I listened hard, curious. “I was having a few problems at my old school,” he said with a sad sigh. The bell rang and we got up. I kissed Max again before walking towards the water fountain.

                I was slammed against the wall and Andre smirked at me. We were alone. “I missed you Pierce Harts,” he said and leaned in. “And you truly fit your name.” I roughly shoved him off me. “I’m done with you Aleixandre,” I hissed dangerously.

                His smirk became dangerous. “I already told you Pierce; I don’t like being called Aleixandre,” he said, his voice sweetly threatening. “Why not? It’s your name,” I said, crossing my arms. He chuckled and shook his head. “Oh Pierce. That’s a cute boyfriend you’ve got.”

                My blood chilled.

                “Stay away from Max!” I snapped.

                “So you and this Max guy, huh? He’s just so adorable. Innocent, isn’t he? Unlike you. You filthy man whore. Does he know about all of those nights of you sleeping around?”

                I clenched my fists, trying desperately not to punch him. “He’s a good kid Andre. He never did anything to you. Leave him alone.” I hated the begging in my voice. But I was so desperate. I would do anything to protect Max from Andre.

                Andre ran a hand through his hair and shook his head. “Can’t do that Pierce. I promised you I would get revenge.” He smirked again. “You better watch out and keep a good eye on your boyfriend. Like they say: You never know what you’ve got til it’s gone.”

                And with that, Andre walked away from me.

                                                                                ***Max’s POV***

                “I’m worried Noah. Andre had Pierce really scared for some reason. Do you think he did something to hurt Pierce?” I asked. Noah shrugged helplessly. “I don’t know. Are you sure it’s Andre that’s got him so freaked?” I nodded. “Every time he sees Andre, he tenses up and gets nervous and scared. I’m worried about him.”

                Noah offered me a reassuring smile. “I’m sure he’ll talk to you about it eventually Maxi. If it’s bothering him that bad, he’ll let you know.” A soft smile spread onto my lips. “Yea. Yea, you’re right.”

                Noah nodded matter-of-factly. “I usually am.” I rolled my eyes and playfully punched his shoulder. “Sure Noah. Sure.” He smiled proudly.

                The bell rang, finally releasing us from the hell known as school. I got up and waved to Noah. “See you later Noah,” I said, really not wanting to go home. I was already worried about Pierce. I really didn’t want to put up with my dad yet.

                “Bye Maxi!” he called brightly before skipping off towards his locker. I laughed softly before turning and heading to my locker. I grabbed what I needed before shutting it. I spun…

                And then someone was kissing me deeply.