Closets Are For Clothes {11}

I knocked on Noah’s front door. His mom answered and smiled at me. “Hello there Max! Come on in!” She stepped aside and I entered. “Hi Mrs. Hottie. How are you?” Her smile grew even wider. Noah always told me that his mom liked me.

                “I’ve been great lately Max! Trying to put up with Noah. There is definitely something wrong with that child. I swear to god his father must have dropped him on his head when he was a baby and never told me…” I chuckled.

                I made my way up to Noah’s room and knocked on the door. He answered and I felt embarrassed as a blush exploded on my face. Noah was in nothing but his boxers. He smiled at me brightly.

                “Hey Maxi!” “Hi Noah,” I said and entered his room. “Uh…where are your clothes?” Not that I really mind. Noah rubbed the back of his neck. “I don’t know,” he said, confusion entering his eyes.

                I laughed at him as he began to search around for his clothes. “I don’t know where I put them!” he whined. “Noah, why don’t you just put on different clothes?” I asked, rolling my eyes. He shook his head. “No, no, no. That was my favorite shirt!”

                He sighed and opened his bedroom door. “Mom! Where are my clothes?” “Noah, you put your clothes in the washing room!” she cried in irritation. Noah placed a finger to his lip curiously. “Oh yea! I did,” he said with a grin.

                “Thanks mom!” he called. He shut the door and went into his closet. I watched as he pulled on a pair of torn jeans and a tight T-shirt. He stepped out of the closet and smirked. “Hey Max, check it out! I just came out of the closet!”

                I wish Noah. I wish.

                I frowned. It felt like he was making fun of me. Guilt exploded on his face. “Aw Maxi, I didn’t mean it like that!” he cried and came over to me. “I’m sorry. Hey…are you gay?” he asked quietly. “You can tell me Max. I won’t judge you,” he promised.

                I felt my face instantly heat up. Would he judge me? If he knew that I was gay…things between Noah and I wouldn’t be the same anymore. It would be extremely awkward.

                “I…yes,” I said miserably. I dropped my face into my hands. Great. Now things with my best friend would never be the same. I had just messed everything up.

                “Max, there’s nothing wrong with that,” Noah said gently. I looked up at him, shame in my eyes. I can’t believe it. He wasn’t freaking out on me.

                Yet.

                Noah gave me an encouraging smile. He hugged me. “You could’ve told me before Max. Why didn’t you?” I gulped. “I thought…I thought everything would get awkward. Because you’re a boy and I like boys.”

                Noah chuckled. “Max, you like boys. It doesn’t mean you like me.” I forced a small smile. Why, oh why, couldn’t I just get the courage to tell him I liked him? “You’re right Noah. I’m sorry for not telling you before.”

                He pat me on the back. “It’s alright Maxi.” He stood up and turned on his iPod. I laughed and began to sing along. We listened to the entire Fuq-N-Es-Kay album by Scene Kidz. Then we started listening to Blood On The Dance Floor.

                “There’s blood on the dance floor! We’ll bring it once more!” Noah shouted. Noah was a huge fan of bands like BOTDF, Brokencyde, Dot Dot Curve, J Bigga, SnapKracklePop!, Subscene, Jakewolf, and Scene Kidz. He loved fun music and he loved to dance and sing along.

                “Baby grab your glasses it’s gonna be a bright day!” we shouted and laughed. “We said it and we meant it; live a day and don’t regret it!”

                Noah jumped up. “Come on Maxi. Popcorn time!” I hopped up and followed him to his kitchen, feeling better. It felt great to have my biggest secret off my chest and still have my best friend.

                We began to make mass amounts of popcorn. “Think fast!” Noah cried and chucked popcorn at me. I laughed and threw it back at him. We began to get in a huge popcorn fight.

                “NOAH HOTTIE!”

                His dad angrily stood in the doorway. We looked at the mess of popcorn around us and shifted guiltily. He pointed a stern finger at both of us. “How dare you two have a popcorn fight in MY house…and not invite me!”

                He grabbed a handful of popcorn and chucked it at Noah. Noah smiled and we started the fight all over again, laughing and throwing popcorn with his dad.

                We finally stopped and all of us cleaned it up. Noah and I made more popcorn and carried it to his basement. There were bean bag chairs spread out in front of the giant TV.

                I stared curiously. “Uh, Noah? There’s 4 bean bag chairs and 2 of u-” My eyes widened. Noah looked like a small child who had been caught stealing a cookie. His basement door opened and spun around to face Pierce and Owen.

                Well.

                Tonight was certainly going to be interesting.