Closets Are For Clothes {25}

***Max’s POV***

                I didn’t want to face my friends so I skipped class and hid out in the boys’ room. Sometime around 2nd period, the principal’s voice crackled over the loud speaker.

                “Maxwell Quincy, please come down to the main office. Maxwell Quincy to the main office.” I froze. Was I in trouble for skipping 1st? They wouldn’t have called me over the intercom though…

                I pushed myself up and headed towards the main office out of curiosity. I got there and terror gripped me as I stared eye to eye at my dad. Pain exploded in his eyes. The principal stood next to him with a concerned look on his face.

                “I went in your room Maxwell. I saw everything. I know,” he choked out, looking at my wristband. “We just want to help you Maxwell,” the principal said gently.

                Fear exploded throughout my body. My dad knew I cut myself. He knew I was gay. Oh my god. My dad was going to hate me forever.

                I turned and raced out of the main office. Hell, I raced out of the school. I could hear people screaming my name as I ran for dear life. I had to get away from all of them.

                I ran and ran and ran. Ran until I thought I would never breathe again. I dropped onto the ground behind a tree and tried desperately to catch my breath.

                I grabbed my phone and texted Owen, begging him to come out here. Whatever he knew about Pierce, I needed to know. Plus, Owen was really the only person talking to me. Maybe I could stay at his house for a little. He had stayed at mine a lot while his parents were going through their divorce.

                About a half hour later, Owen was standing in front of me. He helped me up. “What’s wrong Max? Why did you run out of school?” he asked in concern.

                “I…Owen, I did a bad thing. And, well, my dad found out,” I whimpered as we walked in the direction of Owen’s house. “What bad thing Max?” he asked gently. “I can’t…I can’t say it Owen. I just can’t bring myself to say it,” I said miserably. How could I ever admit to it?

                “Okay Maxi,” he said with an encouraging smile. He pulled out his iPod and played Astronaut by Simple Plan as we walked. (A.N.- I’ve listened to that song while writing the past 3 chapters ;D)

                We made it to his house and he grabbed the spare key and let us in his front door. “My parents might be home,” he warned quietly as we walked in.

                “Who’s here?” his mom’s confused voice called. Owen sighed in annoyance. “Max and I,” he called. She came out and looked at us in confusion. “But…aren’t you two supposed to be in school?”

                Owen shrugged. “We ditched. Look, don’t tell anyone Max is here. Okay mom?” She nodded, seeming even more confused.

                We walked into Owen’s kitchen and grabbed some snacks and drinks. “What the hell are you doing here?” his step dad asked curiously. “Ditching school. Got a problem?” Owen grumbled.

                “Watch it brat,” his step dad growled, pointing a threatening finger at him. Owen shrugged. “At least you didn’t catch me fucking your mom,” he mumbled. “If you don’t shut up we’ll fuck on your bed next,” he threatened.

                Owen shrugged. “Bang like animals. I don’t care Will.” We left the kitchen and went up to Owen’s room.

                “Still not good with Will?” I asked with a frown. He shook his head. “Nah. Guy pisses me off more than anyone in the world. And he talks mad shit about my dad. Whatever. Anyways, on to Pierce.”

                I sat up straight on his bed. “What’s up with him? Why did he dump me for Andre?” I asked desperately. I just needed to know. What had I done wrong?

                “Well Maxi…I think Andre is making Pierce date him. Pierce is terrified of him Max. Maybe he scared Pierce into the relationship. Believe me Max; he wants to be with you. He told me the other day that he was pretty sure he was falling in love with you. It hurt him to break up with you. He doesn’t like being with Andre. I can just tell.”

                I gulped. “What about Noah? Why isn’t he talking to me Owen?” I asked, praying Owen would know. But Owen just shook his head. “I wish I knew Maxi. I really wish I knew. But I don’t. I tried talking to him today but when I mentioned you, he changed the subject.”

                My head dropped in defeat. Owen’s mom knocked on the door and came in. She smiled at us and gave a small wave. “We’re leaving now Owen. Keep an eye on Ian and Gary.” She set down a little boy into the room and smiled at him.

                She left the room and the little boy wandered over. “Maxi!” he said happily. “Hi Ian,” I said, forcing a smile. Ian was the devil’s son. My god he was an evil child. Owen generally referred to him as “the brat”.

                Gary was their cat. Ian was a fan of Spongebob and he had named the cat. Owen picked Ian up and placed him on the bed. “Hey brat,” he grumbled in annoyance. He hated watching his brother.

                Ian glared. “Daddy said not to call me that!” Owen laughed. “He’s your dad. Not mine.” He reached over to grab his cell phone and I winced as Ian dug his teeth into Owen’s arm.

                “Ow!” Owen cried and pried Ian off him. “Bitch!” Ian screamed and slapped him. “You stupid brat! Dammit!” He set Ian down and rubbed his arm where there were teeth marks.

                “Look, I’ll invite Noah over tonight and I’ll lock you guys in the basement so you can talk. Sound good?” I nodded. “And if he won’t talk, we’ll sick the 3 year old devil on him,” I said, nodding at Ian. Ian smiled at me innocently.

                But now I was nervous. My dad was searching for me, no doubt. Pierce was dating Andre possibly because Andre was forcing him to. And now I was going to be locked in the basement with Noah and find out if he hated me. And if he hated me…god I just don’t think I’d be able to live.