Closets Are For Clothes {22}

***Max’s POV***

                I felt someone’s lips on mine kissing me as I choked for air. I knew for a fact that it was Noah’s lips. I could feel his lip ring gently brushing against my lip. Pierce had a lip ring too, but it felt different because it was just a ring. Noah had a Gir lip ring.

                I kissed back before realizing I needed to breathe. I began to struggle and Noah hurriedly pulled away and helped me sit up.

                I coughed out water and sucked in as much air as possible before coughing it out as it burned my throat. I did that for a few seconds until it felt normal to breathe again.

                “Maxi are you okay?” Noah demanded. I nodded slowly. “Yea,” I said, my voice a bit raw. “Yea, I just need to breathe for a little.

                Noah stood up. “I’m getting my dad,” he said before racing inside his house. “Max,” Pierce said quietly before wrapping his arms around me. Oh god. Did he see me kissing Noah? Or did he just think Noah was giving me mouth to mouth?

                Noah came out with his dad and they hurried over to me. “Are you okay Max? What happened?” he asked in worry.

                I explained how my shorts had been stuck. “Do you want me to take you to the hospital? Or home? Or call your mom?” he asked. I shook my head. “No, I’ll be alright Mr. Hottie,” I promised. He and Noah helped me up and brought me over to sit down in a chair by the pool.

                “Get me if you need me. And please be careful everyone,” Mr. Hottie said. He gave me a concerned look before going inside.

                Everyone went back to swimming, except me, for a while before we all left Noah’s house.

                                                                                ***Noah’s POV***

                Oh god. Oh god. Oh freaking god. I kissed Maxwell Quincy and I liked it. And I was a boy. Or at least I was last time I took a piss.

                “Noah, stop leaving your socks outside my room. Your feet smell like Big Foot’s dick,” Sasha said in annoyance as she came into my room. She glanced at me and frowned deeply. “You okay little brother?” she asked in concern.

                I gulped. Sasha and I were close. We told each other everything. “Shut the door,” I whispered. She quickly shut my bedroom door and sat next to me. “Noah, what’s wrong?”

                “Sasha…I kissed Max. And I liked it,” I whispered, looking away from her as I spoke. Man. Now I understood why it was so hard for Max to admit he was gay.

                But I wasn’t gay!

                I liked girls. Hell, I’d had girlfriends before. Sasha was staring me now though. “I’m not gay!” I said confidently as she opened her mouth to speak. “Or bisexual. I like girls and girls only. Which is why this is freaking me out so much.”

                She bit her lip. “Noah, you were giving him mouth to mouth weren’t you? Maybe it just happened. Maybe it didn’t even mean anything.” “But I liked it,” I said miserably. Max was my best friend. I didn’t want things to get awkward between us just because I had pulled a major Katy Perry and enjoyed kissing the same gender.

                “So what? It happened and it’s over. Max was unconscious when it happened and he probably doesn’t even realize you kissed him. Just act normal and it’ll blow over real quick,” Sasha assured.

                I nodded and she smiled at me as she left my room. I angrily ruffled my hair. I didn’t want to screw up Max’s relationship with Pierce just because I got caught in a moment. I wanted Max to be happy and Pierce made him happy.

                I turned on my iPod and Potent Da Rockstar exploded out of my speakers. I leaned back on my bed as my dad came in.

                “Hey Noah. Was Max alright?” he asked. I nodded and sat up. “Yea, he seemed alright. Hey dad, I have a question.” He looked at me curiously. “Oh? And what would your question be?”

                “What would you do if I was gay?” I asked. “I wouldn’t be surprised,” he said with a shrug. I rolled my eyes. “I was just wondering. Max’s dad still isn’t talking to him.”

                “Well, Mr. Quincy is a very homophobic man. But he loves Max more than he hates gays, so I’m sure he’ll get over it soon enough. Anyways, goodnight kiddo,” he said before leaving my room.

                I laid back down on my bed and squeezed my eyes shut. I didn’t like Max like that. I couldn’t like Max like that. I was straight. I liked girls, not guys. I would rather stick it than take it.

                Blah. This was a disaster. How did the shorts even get caught on the bottom of the pool? That had only happened to me once and that’s because my ass of a cousin did it on purpose. My dad had to come save me. I had seen that cousin ever since.

                But…wait a minute. Andre was the last person to resurface. And he was the only one who hadn’t completely freaked out when Max didn’t come up. And I thought I saw him push Max down the stairs that day.

                If he and Pierce hated each other…and Pierce was dating Max…Pierce was so afraid of Andre…No. Oh god no. Andre was hurting Max to get back at Pierce for something. And if someone didn’t stop him, Max was going to get seriously hurt. Oh god…I had to save Max!