Closets Are For Clothes {18}

I kissed them back just as deeply and pulled away. I smiled at Pierce. “How did you know it was me?” he asked curiously. “Your smell. You always smell like cologne and smoke.” He laughed and pulled me in for a tight hug.

                “Pierce, is something wrong?” I asked. He got uncomfortable. “No,” he lied. “Pierce please tell what’s wrong!” I begged. I hated seeing him like this.

                He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Andre and I…we know each other. Everything’s fine Max. Okay?” I stared at him in confusion. “Know each other? In a bad way?” He smiled at me. “Don’t worry about it Maxi. It’s all under control.”

                He grabbed my hand and we walked towards the buses together. “Hey Pierce! Hey Max!” Andre said brightly and came over to us. Pierce tensed up again. “Hi Andre,” he said. I smiled at Andre and gave a small wave.

                “So I was thinking that you guys could come over my house today. I already invited Noah and Owen,” he said with a smile. “I want to get to know you guys better.”

                I smiled at him. He seemed so sincere. “Yea!” I said enthusiastically. I glanced at Pierce and saw the terror in his eyes. “Sounds good,” he said quickly.

                We followed Andre to his bus where Owen and Noah were standing. We all got on and got off at Andre’s house. Pierce was a nervous wreck. I had never seen him so freaked out before. Something about Andre frightened him. I really wish I knew what it was. Andre seemed like such a nice guy.

                Andre opened his front door and led us inside. We slipped off our shoes and walked into his living room. He motioned for us to sit on the couch and we did.

                “Andre? Is that you?” a woman’s voice called. “Yea mom!” Andre called back. “How was school?” his mom asked as she came out. She was an average age for a mom. I could easily see where Andre got his looks from.

                She smiled at us. She suddenly gasped and brought her hand up to her mouth. “Hi Mrs. Ryan,” Pierce said weakly. “Pierce Harts,” she said in absolute shock. “What are you doing here?” She looked to Andre.

                Andre shrugged. “I invited Pierce and a few of his friends over. This is Max, Noah, and Owen.” His mom turned and forced the smile back on her face. “Well, it’s very nice to meet everyone.” She gave Andre a concerned look before leaving the room.

                Pierce looked like he was going to be sick. “Are you okay?” I asked quietly, concern exploding in my words. He slowly nodded. “Yea Max. I’m fine,” he choked out.

                The front door opened and a man appeared. He smiled at Andre and then at us. His eyes widened when they landed on Pierce. They narrowed in hatred.

                “You,” he hissed. “Dad, stop,” Andre said with a frown. “I want your sorry ass out of my house right now Pierce Harts!” he roared. Andre frowned even deeper. “Dad, I invited him,” he protested. Owen, Noah, and I had all gone deathly quiet. Why did Andre’s parents hate Pierce so much?

                “I don’t care Andre. I want him out of my house. NOW!” Pierce looked desperately at Andre. “Go!” Mr. Ryan snapped, pointing at the door. “And don’t you EVER let me catch you in my house or near my son ever again!”

                Pierce slowly stood up. He glanced at me with that same desperate look. “No,” he said quietly. “Andre, please,” he begged. “I’m sorry Pierce,” Andre said sincerely.

                Pierce took a deep breath and slowly left the house. Mr. Ryan rubbed his temples. “I cannot stand that boy. I’m so sorry to all of you,” he said with a sympathetic look. “I’m not usually like that. He just makes me so mad!”

                He shook all of our hands as we introduced ourselves.

                                                                                ***Andre’s POV***

                My dad had kicked Pierce out of the house. Noah and Owen told me that had to leave by 4. I would have Pierce’s boyfriend all to myself. Everything was working out perfectly.

                Max was extremely attractive. He was smiling and talking to Noah, who wasn’t bad looking either, and I couldn’t stop looking at him. I noticed Owen glaring at me out of the corner of my eye. He must be Pierce’s best friend. I remembered Pierce mentioning him before. I remembered everything Pierce had said to me though.

                Everything.

                “You okay Andre?” Noah asked. I realized I must have been staring off in thought. I mentally shook myself and smiled at him. “Yea!” I said and got out the N64. I handed them each a controller and sat down with them as we played Mario Kart. I glanced at Max again and nearly smirked.

                He was going to be mine. I would steal him and use him to break Pierce Harts. I grinned to myself. Pierce, prepare to pay for everything you’ve ever done to me.