Closets Are For Clothes {14}

***Max’s POV***

                I wiped my eyes as they began to water again. I wanted so badly to go to Noah’s house. He always knew what to say. But I didn’t want him to get in trouble. So instead, I made my way to Pierce’s house and knocked on the door.

                “Max! What’s wrong? Am I kicking some ass?” he asked fiercely when he opened the door. I shook my head and he wrapped his arms around me. “What’s wrong Max?” he asked softly. That was rare for Pierce. He was usually loud and nasty.

                “My dad hates me Pierce.”

                I took a shaky breath and told him what had happened. “I can’t stay there,” I said desperately, praying he would understand. He nodded and pulled me inside his house. “They’ll probably check here for you. If it’s not too creepy, you can hang out in my attic. I’ll stay up there with you until someone comes looking for you.”

                “Thank you so much Pierce,” I said in relief. He kissed me and grabbed my hand. “Where’s your dad?” I asked nervously. “Work,” he responded and led me up to his room. He managed to get us up into his attic.

                Pierce’s attic was fair sized. He had cleaned it out with his dad a year ago. It now had a TV, a couch, and a stereo in it. It was where Pierce liked to spend a lot of time by himself.

                We sat on the couch and turned on the TV. We watched for a while until his doorbell rang. I looked at him in terror. “It’ll be alright,” he whispered before leaving.

                All I could do now was hope.

                                                                                ***Pierce’s POV***

                I answered the door. Max’s parents looked at me in fear. “Is Max here?” his mom asked desperately. I shook my head in confusion. “No. Why?” Good thing I was a good actor.

                “He ran away from home,” she whispered, tears rising in her eyes. “Have you heard from him at all?” I could tell his dad didn’t believe me. “No. Is he with Noah?” I asked in panic. “We already checked there. We can’t find him anywhere,” his mom said, trying hard not to cry.

                I shook my head. “I really don’t know where he is! You’ve checked Owen and Lacey’s houses?” They nodded. Mr. Quincy looked at me suspiciously. “Can we come in, Pierce?” I nodded. “Of course Mr. Quincy! Maybe we can think of a place where Max would go. Why did he run away? Was he upset or something?”

                They nodded at me and stepped inside. His dad looked around the house as I led them to my living room. “I have to use the bathroom Pierce,” Mr. Quincy said. I nodded and he left the room, probably checking my house for Max.

                He wouldn’t find Max in the attic. I wasn’t stupid. The door to my attic was on the ceiling in my closet. I kept a poster there that I could cover the door with.

                Mr. Quincy eventually came back just as my front door was opening. “Pierce? You here?” my dad called. “In the living room,” I called back.

                He entered and seemed surprised. “Mr. and Mrs. Quincy! Hello. Did Pierce do something bad?” I rolled my eyes. Of course. “No, no, no Mr. Harts. We were just…our son ran away from home not that long ago. We’re just trying to find him,” Mrs. Quincy said. Mr. Quincy wrapped his arms around her as she began to silently sob.

                Why did Max’s dad have to be such a dick about Max being gay? My dad was fine with me being bisexual. Why couldn’t Max’s dad just understand?

                My dad turned to me with a deep frown. “Pierce, do you know where Max is?” My dad liked Max. Every parent seemed to like Max. He was a polite kid.

                I shook my head. “No dad!” After talking a little, the Quincy’s left. “That poor family. Max is such a nice kid,” my dad said with a sigh. He made his way into our basement to do whatever it was he did down there.

                I snuck back up to the attic and told Max everything that had happened. I held him to me, loving every second of it. I loved Max. He was amazing. I was so happy he had agreed to be my boyfriend. I knew he liked Noah and I could tell he was trying hard to get over those feelings now that we were together.

                Max yawned and rested his head on my chest. I kissed his forehead as his eyes sleepily closed. Light snoring came from him a few moments later and I smiled at him. My own eyes closed slowly and I feel into a peaceful sleep. Someone shook me a little while later. I slowly cracked open my eyes. They widened in horror.

                A police man stood in front of me.