Closets Are For Clothes {21}

***1 Week Later***

                I was finally off of those stupid crutches. Pierce had been acting really weird lately. I felt like he was avoiding me and it was really bothering me. He wouldn’t answer my calls and he stayed away from me in school.

                “Pick up your god damn phone when I’m calling you,” my iPod sang in my ears as I laid on my bed. I’d had that song on repeat ever since Pierce stopped answering my calls. I was staring longingly at my phone.

                It vibrated and I eagerly answered it. “Hello?” I cried, praying it was Pierce. “Get your ass outside now!” Noah’s voice cried in excitement. I tried not to sound depressed as I told him I’d be right down.

                “Bye mom, I’m going with Noah,” I called as I shut the door. My dad and I still weren’t talking and it was bothering me more than I would ever admit to my mom. She was so worried for me.

                “Maxi!” Noah cheered as I waved to him. He pointed at his mom’s car. “Our chariot awaits my love,” he said and jumped into my arms. I rolled my eyes as we got in the car.

                “Noah, get out of his arms. You’re too fat to do that,” his mom said in annoyance. Noah pouted and rolled out of my arms onto the car seat. “Gee thanks mom,” he whined. “Oh shut up. I told your father to use a condom that night but noooo he wanted another kid.” She shook her head and smiled at me. “Hi Max! How’s your ankle?”

                I smiled politely at her as she began to drive. “It’s good. I can run on it now.” I turned to Noah. “So, uh, where exactly are we going?” I asked, raising my eyebrow.

                He got his goofy smile. “We’re going swimming!” he said joyfully. Noah loved to swim. I laughed and shrugged. “Alright then. Except I didn’t bring my swim trunks.” “Borrow a pair of mine you idiot!” he said and gave me a “coulda had a V8” smack.

                We pulled into his driveway and ran into his house. “So your mom seemed kind of pissed at you,” I said as Noah dug around for swim trunks. Noah laughed. “Nah. We were joking around about how my dad’s condom and my mom’s abortion didn’t work. I was meant to be!”

                I laughed as we changed and went out to his pool. Pierce, Owen, and Andre were already sitting outside in their swim trunks.

                “Hi guys,” I said with a weak smile, trying not to run to Pierce and hug him. He was avoiding looking at me.

                “Hey Maxi!” Owen said with a wave. “MAXI!” I spun around and Lacey jumped in my arms. I hugged her tightly. “Lacey! I loves you!” I cried and kissed her cheek. She smiled brightly as I set her down.

                “Your vagina is a horcrux! I must destroy it!” Noah cried, pointing at Lacey. “Hey Noah, my socks are having a party. Do your pants want to come down?” I asked, waggling my eyebrows at him. He grinned at me. “I’ll set you on fire and give you 10 seconds to put it out,” he said with a wink.

                He ran to me and picked me up. “To the pool!” he screamed and threw me in his pool. I laughed as I came up and shook my hair out of my face.

                Owen, Pierce, Lacey, and Andre raced to jump into the pool with Noah. We all began to swim and just hang out. I think Noah had just been imagining that whole thing with Andre. He was so nice to me. He would never push me down the stairs like that.

                Noah flung a few rings to the bottom of his pool. “Let’s get them!” he cried happily and we all dove under to retrieve them.

                I grabbed one and turned to swim back up for air. His pool was 8 feet in the deep end and 4 feet in the lower end. We were in the deep end right now.

                I kicked but didn’t go up. My eyes widened as I realized my shorts were caught on the bottom of the pool. I looked around frantically and saw that the others were all swimming towards the surface. Andre was just kicking off the ground to resurface faster.

                I choked and air bubbles streamed out of my mouth as I tried desperately to get my shorts free. Dark splotches took over my vision and before I knew it, I had lost consciousness.

                                                                                ***Noah’s POV***’

                “Max isn’t coming up!” Pierce cried in alarm. Adrenaline shot through me and I dove under. Max was in trouble. He was a great swimmer but he couldn’t hold his breath very long. Something was wrong.

                Even thought my vision was blurry underwater, I could immediately see the problem. The shorts Max was wearing were caught on the bottom of the pool. I worked fast to free him and pulled him to the surface.

                I dragged him to the edge of the pool where Pierce and I lifted him. “I don’t think he’s breathing!” Pierce cried frantically. I shoved him out of the way and did the only thing I could think of.

                I began to give Max mouth to mouth. But as I felt him choking and breathing again…the mouth to mouth turned into a kiss. And I actually liked it.