Closets Are For Clothes {28}

“I THROW MY HANDS UP IN THE AIR SOMETIMES SAYIN AIYOO GOTTA LET GO!”

                “Noah, stop singing!” I cried, pulling my hand out of his to slap it over my ear. He pouted and held his hand out to me with puppy dog eyes. I rolled my eyes and we held hands again as we walked towards my house from Owen’s.

                “Can I sing something else?” Noah asked innocently. “No!” I said sternly. “You’re so mean to me Maxi!” he whined.

                After a few moments of comfortable silence, Noah’s voice pierced the air. “SEND A PRAYER OUT THERE INTO THE UNIVERSE AND WAIT FOR AN ANSWER MY FRIEND!” he screamed in a shitty fake Irish accent.

                “Noah!” I cried and glared at him. “MAYBE YOU WILL HEAR FROM ME AN ECHO IN THE WIND AND A SONG THAT HAS NO END!” he continued.

                “You’re not even Irish!” I cried and pulled my hand away from his again. “But you love that band!” he said with a frown. “Not when you sing it!” “That was so mean Max! My mommy said I have a beautiful voice!” “She was lying!” “NOOOO!”

                I rolled my eyes and laughed. “ROCK! It’s what we’re all about! It’s what live for! Come on shout it out!” Noah chanted, fist pumping like an idiot. I sighed and joined him, fist pumping and chanting.

                We laughed and held hands again as we neared my house. “Cause I’m the B-I-double Z-Y!” “You ain’t better than me I ain’t your average guy!”

                “Yay! I got Maxi to sing!” Noah cheered and I jokingly shoved him. We were now standing in my driveway. Fear erupted inside me and I was regretting coming here. I should’ve just stayed at Owen’s house.

                Noah gave my hand a reassuring squeeze and kissed me. “You’ll be alright Maxi. He’s your dad; he doesn’t hate you,” he promised me. I gulped and nodded. We went up to my front door and I hesitantly opened it and led us into the house.

                “MAX!”

                Dad threw his arms around me and Noah released my hand and watched us. “I’m so sorry Maxwell!” dad sobbed.

                “I’m sorry I’m gay dad. I’m sorry about what I did. I’m sorry I’ve been a terrible son,” I whimpered and hugged him back tightly.

                “Don’t be sorry for anything Maxwell. I’m so sorry I couldn’t just accept you when you told me. I love you Maxwell,” he whispered.

                I glanced over and Noah and he smiled at me and nodded. I took a deep breath and slowly pulled away from my dad.

                “Dad…I’m dating Noah,” I said, forcing myself to look into his eyes. Dad glanced between the two of us and his face paled a little. He shakily placed a hand on my shoulder. “I…I can accept that Maxwell,” he whispered.

                “Thank you dad. Thank you so much for accepting me. You really don’t know how much I love you,” I said quietly before flinging my arms around him again. I was too close to my dad to see him ever look at me in disappointment again.

                After that, Noah and I went up to my room. I put on my iPod and Always Attract came on. I smiled at Noah as he crawled onto my bed and pat the spot next to him. I hurried over to him and we cuddled comfortably on my bed.

                “Good thing my parents already think I’m gay. I could be having sex with you on the kitchen floor and my dad would just shrug,” Noah said and kissed my cheek. I laughed. “Your family is crazy Noah,” I said, shaking my head.

                “Where do you think I get it from?” he asked, winking. I rolled my eyes. “Well, you’re my crazy Noah,” I said and cuddled closer to him. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

                “Max?”

                “Yes Noah?”

                “My socks are having a party. Do your pants want to come down?”

                “Of course! And  Noah, you remind me of my pinkie toe.”

                “Oh? And why is that?”

                “Because I know that sometime in the future, I’m going to bang you on a table.”

                “YES!!!!!!!!”

                Life. Was. Good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- Hey everyone! Thanks a ton for reading!! Now, I have 3 things for you all. First, I can end the story right here for good. Second, I can write more chapters to this story. Third, I can make a sequel. Which of those would you guys rather have me do? :o

*EDIT*

Guys! There IS  a sequel to this story! It's called "Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not". Here's the link to it:

http://www.wattpad.com/story/455340-let%27s-get-one-thing-straight-i%27m-not-boyxboy

-Jen (SkeneKidz)