Closets Are For Clothes {23}

The next day was a Sunday. I made my way to Pierce’s house and knocked on the door. His dad smiled at me and let me in.

                I went right up to Pierce’s room and let myself in without bothering to knock. I honestly didn’t care if barging into peoples’ rooms was rude. Hell, I was constantly crawling into Max’s room through his window. It was just the kind of person I was.

                Pierce’s head shot up and I narrowed my eyes at him. “You knew,” I hissed. He cocked his head to the side curiously. “I knew what?” he asked in confusion.

                “You knew Andre was after Max! I don’t know what happened between you two but it’s got Andre going after Max. That’s why you’re always so nervous around him. You knew he was going to go after Max and you didn’t stop him! He pushed Max down the stairs! He’s the reason Max almost drowned yesterday!”

                Pierce glared at me. “Shut up Noah. You knew I was dating Max and you still fucking kissed him yesterday!” he snapped. I blushed a little. “I was giving him mouth to mouth. He wasn’t breathing!”

                He stood up and stormed over to me. “No. He was breathing. He was breathing when you kissed him you sick bastard. He didn’t know what he was doing and you took advantage of that. You kissed my own boyfriend right in front of me!”

                Damn, damn, damn. “Pierce, I was trying to save him! And it never would’ve happened if you had just warned us that Andre was dangerous!” I snapped angrily.

                “Well maybe you should’ve warned Max that you were gay!” Pierce growled. “I’m straight Pierce!” I cried. Dammit. I was straight! I knew I was straight! I liked girls, not guys!

                “Than please do tell me why you kissed Max? Huh? Was it a friendly kiss Noah? Is that all?” I could see his anger rising more and more. Pierce could be dangerous when he was angry like this.

                “Look Pierce, I just want to keep Max safe,” I said desperately. “Yea so you can make out with him and steal him from me!” Pierce snapped and slammed me into the wall. I winced and glared at him in disgust.

                I brought my fist around and it made contact with Pierce’s face. He stumbled away from me in shock as I moved towards his door to leave his room. Shit. Pissing Pierce off wasn’t smart of me.

                He grabbed the back of my shirt and flung me to the ground. “Fuck you Noah!” he exploded and threw his fists at me angrily. I blocked my face as best I could as I heard his dad racing up the stairs.

                Pierce’s bedroom door was flung open and his dad knocked Pierce off of me. “Are you crazy?!” he screamed. Pierce tried to get up but his dad knocked him down again before coming over to me.

                “Are you okay Noah?” he asked as he helped me up. I nodded slowly. “Yea Mr. Harts. I’m fine,” I grumbled and ran a hand through my hair.

                “I’m leaving,” I said, and glared at Pierce. “You sick son of a bitch Noah!” he screamed as his dad struggled to restrain him. “Fuck you!” “HEY! That is enough Pierce! You’re grounded!” his dad roared.

                I stormed out of Pierce’s house I was done with him. Done with Max. I didn't want to come between them.                                                                                 ***Max’s POV***

                I made my way to Pierce’s house and knocked on the door. Pierce answered looking furious. I could see a nasty bruise forming on his cheek.

                He glared at me. “What do you want Max?!” he screamed. Guilt exploded in his eyes. “Sorry Max. I didn’t mean to…I’m sorry,” he grumbled, looking away from me.

                “What happened to your face?” I asked in concern. Had he gotten in another fight? Pierce couldn’t get in fights. If he got in anymore trouble he could get taken away from his dad and his mom could get custody of him. I had met his mom a few times before his parents had gotten divorced. God she was a terrible woman.

                He bit his lip. “Pierce?” I asked nervously. I didn’t like the look in his eyes. “Max…we’re through,” he said quietly.

                “What?” I whispered. He avoided my eyes. “I’m breaking up with you Max. I just don’t like you.”

                He shut the door, leaving my hurt self to stare at it.