Closets Are For Clothes {10}

Noah looked up and smirked. He waved pleasantly at me and I noticed my open window. “What do you want Noah?” I asked, feeling tired all of a sudden. He leaned back on my bed, the smirk never leaving his face.

                “I want to hang out with my best friend,” he said simply. “No you don’t,” I whispered, looking away in shame. He jumped off my bed and came over to me. “I know what I want Max.” I felt myself blushing and tried to hide my face.

                He forced me to look at him and smiled. “Come on Max. Let’s go get some food at Taco Bell. Then we can go watch Rango!” I sighed. “Alright. Let me go tell my parents.”

                I made my way back downstairs. My parents looked up at me. “Um…Noah wants to know if I can go get food with him and then go to the movies.”

                “I don’t know Maxwell…” dad said nervously. Mom shook her head at him. “Let him go. It’ll be good for him to get out of the house.” She smiled and got up. She handed me some money and kissed my forehead. “Have fun Maxwell.”

                I walked back and found Noah casually standing by my front door. I shook my head as I walked out of the house with him. “How do you do that?” I asked. He smiled and winked. “I’m a ninja.”

                We got in his mom’s car. “Hi Max!” she said brightly. “Hello Mrs. Hottie,” I said with a polite smile. Noah turned on his music to I Hate You by Sick Puppies. “I love it even more when I find you on the floor. I know you think you hate me but I will always hate you more!” Noah sang.

                His mom rolled her eyes. We listened to music until she pulled into the Taco Bell parking lot. “Call me when you need a ride home,” she said as we opened the car doors. “Thank you for giving me a ride!” I said and shut the door.

                I followed Noah into Taco Bell and we ordered 3 crunchy tacos. I got myself some Mountain Dew and we sat down with our food.

                “Stuttering Stanley! Stuttering Stanley!” Noah shouted and pointed at me. “S-S-Shut up!” I cried in horror. We laughed and took a bite of our tacos. “Movie night soon?” Noah offered. I nodded. “Yes. I miss watching movies with you and your diapers.”

                Noah frowned. “What? I had had a lot to drink and it was a funny movie.”  I rolled my eyes and went back to eating my taco. We finished eating and walked over to the movie theater. We bought our tickets for Rango and Noah cheerfully made his way over to the crane game.

                I laughed and followed him as he put his quarters in. He won a plush Domo and handed it to me proudly. “Thanks Noah,” I said and held Domo.

                We made our way to the theater and sat down. The movie started and we watched. “This movie is bullshit!” Noah whispered near the end. I nodded in agreement. The movie ended and we stood up.

                “And again. That was bullshit! There were little kids in the theater!” Noah cried. “That movie totally just taught them that murder, stealing, and swearing is perfectly fine but lying is bad!”

                “They just disturbed Domo,” I said with a deep frown. “Oh no! I forgot about Domo! NOOOOOOOOOO!” Noah cried and hugged Domo tightly. He sniffed dramatically. “He lived a good innocence.”

                He handed Domo back to me and we left the theater. “Big Lots?” Noah offered. I shrugged. “Sure.” We went into Big Lots and began to walk around aimlessly.

                “Hey guys! Look at the fags!”

                We faced Brent, Lucas, Dave, and Karl.

                I felt fear explode inside of me. They were going to beat me up again. I began to shake slightly. Noah stepped in front of me protectively. “Go away,” he said coldly. “Make us,” Dave said, raising an eyebrow at him.

                Noah glared at them in hate. “Just go away. Max didn’t do anything to you bastards.” Brent laughed and came closer to us. Noah tensed up, his fists clenched. “Let the spoiled bitch fight his own fights,” he said, smirking at me.

                “Will you fuck yourself tonight? Will you suck my dick and die?”

                Noah’s ringtone went off and seemed to diffuse the whole situation as everyone stared at him. He frowned and dug around for his cell phone in his pocket.

                “Hello? Yea. We’re at Big Lots. Oh! Okay.” He hung and looked back at me cheerfully. “Come along Maxwell. My mother is waiting in the parking lot.” He hooked his arm through mine and began to skip, dragging me with him past Brent and his friends as they glared at us in hate.

                We got into his mom’s car and Noah plugged his iPod in and began to blast music. “Sing along Maxi!” he cheered. His mom stared at him. “What the hell is wrong with you?” she asked desperately.

                Noah smiled proudly. “I take after my mommy!” His mom began to bang her head on the steering wheel. She looked up towards the sky. “Why God? What did I ever do to you?” she moaned.

                I laughed. “Dude, let’s have a movie night this weekend!” Noah said eagerly. I shrugged and smiled at him. “Yea!” I actually hadn’t been beaten up, even after running into Brent and his friends. I was officially in a good mood.

                They dropped me off at my house and I went inside. “How was it Maxwell?” mom asked with a smile. “It was fun!” I said, smiling back. “Good,” she said in relief. I looked around. “Where’s dad?” I asked curiously. She shrugged. “He went to go help your uncle move some furniture around.” I nodded and went into my room to sleep.

                I laid down, hugging Domo to myself and smiling. Maybe things would be alright after all.