Chapter Two: Wolf & The Hunter

I woke up to the sight of Gray laid across the bed from me. I flipped over so I could stare at the ceiling, a past time I found myself doing most of the time I stay here. Something somebody would guess easily after staring at his ceiling for so long is that it used to have stars stuck on it.

You could see the faint outline of where they used to be, and it's actually quite endearing to think this bad boy used to be an innocent kid who would stare at glow-in-the-dark figures when he was in bed, being interested with the way they could be visible in the midst of a heavy darkness.

"Morning," I heard his husky voice mumble, making me turn my attention to him.

His eyes were puffy and was complimented by the heavy bags under it - a good indicator that he didn't fell asleep as quickly as I did.

From the faint smell of smoke that I can sense, I have an idea on how he passed the time.

"We have to get ready for school," I muttered, pulling the covers off of my body and getting out of his bed. Reaching down, I grabbed most of my clothes that were spread out around the room and walked to the ensuite.

I looked at the time on my watch and released sigh of relief when it was still early. I need to get back to my house to change before heading to school.

I attempted to flatten my hair with my hands, before staring at my reflection in the mirror.

I know, I should be disgusted with myself.

But there was something about this routine that was so hard to break.

"I'm heading home," I told Gray as I exited his bathroom, looking around for where did my purse go, "I'll see you later."

"You sure you don't want to just go to school with me?" he questioned, crossing his arms and leaning against the headboard.

Look trashy because I wore the same clothes as yesterday? No thank you. Besides, I still have some business to attend to.

"I'm sure," I said, leaning down to press a kiss on his cheek, "You better not skip classes, you know the principal's on you already."

He smiled at my concern, before nodding his head, "Yes, ma'am."

I bid my last goodbye before finally going out. His parents were rarely here because of their jobs so sneaking in and out was no problem.

When I reached my own home, I saw that both of my parents' cars were still there, so it's either they were still snoozing in or they're already up and is ready to scold me for not informing them that I wasn't coming home last night.

Slowly clicking the front door open, I quietly entered and kept my ears open to find out if I could hear the clattering of plates and small chatter that would indicate the two of them were already up. A full minute of just observing my surroundings, I could confirm that they were still asleep.

I did the usual routine of taking a brisk shower before dressing up for the day. I took one of my bigger bags and stuffed in some clothes that I could practice in.

The start of the competitions are starting and there's no way am I letting my team slack off. When I stepped in and got the title of head cheerleader, I became determined to break our losing streak. I will not waste years of aching muscles and cold hard sweat for some ditzy idiots.

I breezed through the kitchen and grabbed a breakfast bar before heading to my car. Looking at the digital clock, I nodded in satisfaction at the time.

We have a good early start today.

Pulling into my usual parking space, I observed the lot and the extremely small amount of cars that were already here.