Chapter Eight: Hunt You Down

"Are you sure she's not at home or with your mom?" I questioned for the umpteenth time as I pulled into the parking lot of a convenience store.

I could hear Evan's worrisome voice say yes to my question and I groaned, leaning against the leather seat of my car as I looked around. It was so uncharacteristic of Erin to just suddenly disappear without telling anyone, and even if she did, shouldn't she have her phone with her?

"Well, I'll keep an eye out," I told him, grabbing the phone that was placed down when my hands were still occupied with the wheel, "I'll call if you something happens."

Who would have thought that the way for me to get his number was to lose his sister?

Staring at the 7-11 in front of me, I unbuckled my seatbelt, turned off the engine, and got out of vehicle. I stretched out since my muscles were aching, half because I was cramped in that car for some time now and half because I was still tired from practice.

Grabbing my phone and wallet from the inside, I closed the door and locked it before walking into the store. Looking around, I was greeted by the bored teenager standing at the counter as I breezed through him to go straight to the beverages.

The gears in my head were turning as I tried to think of a logical explanation to this. I scratched my head as I stared intensely at the lines of cold drinks currently hanging around in the fridge, the glass door providing me a good view.

Let's reevaluate the situation here – she was gone after gym. I checked up on her after I accidentally sent her to the ground and she seemed just fine. She was just casually talking to Gray like it was no problem.

Wait a minute, I left her with Gray and after that, no one has seen a glimpse of her. Now that I think of it, I haven't seen Gray for the rest of the school day as well.

"Oh my gosh!" I unintentionally yelled at the sudden realization moment, taking a step back.

A girl stepped in front of me and opened the fridge, grabbing one lemon flavor Arizona iced tea, "I know," she said as she closed it and turned to me, "I can't believe they're out of the green tea ones."

Forget the tea, I think I have a pretty good idea where to look for her now.

Gray, if I find out that you're sneaking off with that lamb, I'll freaking get my shotgun and hunt you down myself. I'm not going to weep and cry, if that's what you're thinking.

As the reason for my arrival here slipped out of my mind, I marched back into my car before pulling out of this parking lot. And now, I have solved the mystery of why she wasn't picking up her phone.

Before I started searching once again, I drove back to the school. Thankfully, the sun was still out there in the sky, giving me the assurance that I still have a bit of time. Running inside the building, I went straight to the gym before entering the student's locker room.

This place had a different locker room for ordinary students who has gym period and those who are part of the sports teams. The ones for general use didn't have a lock on them so their real purpose was just a place to keep your clothes in while you sweat out there.

I scanned each locker before my eyes darted on one that had a dark purple backpack in it. Reaching for it, I unzipped one of the pockets in search for an identification of whose is this.

Just like I suspected, one of the binders had the name Erin Matthews printed at the bottom right corner. I started rummaging through it and as I felt up a cold metal device, I pulled it out and examined her phone.