Chapter Twenty-Six: Doomsday

Gray's rapid blinking signified that he was back to the present. I do hope that his little trip to the past wouldn't make him go back to Kelly and practically beg her to take him back.

Because I would not hesitate to knee him in the balls if he does.

I don't know about you, but I had to act as a mediator between these two. I went back and forth from talking to Kelly to talking to Gray until I finally got them to agree to just go on with their lives and forget about the whole thing.

Well, the irony is that I was the one who wasn't able to move on from that incident.

Finally releasing his hand, I took a step back as I looked around, ready to freaking massacre a whole team if they ever decide to pop out. Those idiots aren't really thinking when they do these stupid attempts, it's not funny nor is it safe for anyone.

Ticking me or Gray off separately was one thing, to do it at the same time was just asking for death.

"If they don't show up, I'm going to make them run those fifteen laps!" I said out of frustration, "I never asked for this."

"Weird," Gray spoke, looking down at me, "You were always game when we were left alone."

Turning to him, I lifted a brow, "Things changed, Gray."

Except my constant stubbornness to stay with you.

"Yeah, they changed," he sighed before looking over his shoulder, his gaze trailing along Kelly as she sat by the fountain, still chatting along with her friend, "They really did."

I followed the direction his eyes were pointed at and I frowned. The affection he once had for her was something I could never compete with. I understand though, it was his first time experiencing something like that, she was his first love as he was mine.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have never anything like this for any other guy. Just saying that line is enough to make me internally cringe, that is so fucking cliché.

Was I in the wrong for letting him take me to bad? Would things be better if I stopped him when he asked me to? Should I have just comforted him normally and platonically?

Looking back, what I did wasn't the smartest move, but I don't regret it a bit. The morning after, we were so awkward with each other to the point that I wanted to do nothing else but sneak out as if it was a sudden one-night stand.

But, he made me some instant oatmeal for breakfast and apologized a million times for losing control. The way he scrambled with his words was the one of the few times I saw Gray Martyn without his bad boy façade. I just had to laugh at his face, I would have never thought that he was capable of being bashful like that.

The compromising air just disappeared and we were back to talking like we usually did. Kelly wasn't mentioned even once during that morning.

And before I left his house, I kissed him on the cheek as goodbye.

That was the start of it all. The spontaneous night escapades, the regular goodbye kiss, and the mutual agreement to stay with each other.

"I feel like I took advantage of you back then," I admitted and his attention was back to me.

"I don't," he told me with a shrug, "It's been what? Two years and I still haven't said thank you."

"For sleeping with you?" I snickered.

He paused for a moment before giving me a sincere smile, "For being there when I needed you."

His tone was so soft that I could never imagined that it came from Gray Martyn himself. Maybe I craved for something too early, perhaps what we really needed was time. He was too caught up in his heartbreak to see anything else, and after finally seeing Kelly after years apart, he finally for the closure he needed.