Chapter Four: Mouths Closed

I stood casually at the side along with the other girls as we watched the boys from the different sports team push the lunch tables together in order to have enough space so that at least half of us could sit down.

Gray appeared next to me and pointed to the lunch line, "Let's go buy our food while they're doing that."

Instead of going at the end, Gray quickly dragged me to the very beginning of the line right after I got a tray for the both of us. Warning bells were ringing in my head and I saw the other students, you could easily tell that they weren't pleased, but they didn't actually have the courage to say no.

"Gray," I whispered so that the others couldn't hear, "No."

He turned back to me and gave me that good old charming smile of his, "Don't worry."

Sighing, I just followed him. He wasn't going to be easily swayed and everyone knows this, I should just save my energy for later and let him do what he wants.

He stepped right in front of this lanky boy, not even bothering to look at him. I lifted a brow and he gestured for me to stand in front of him. When I stayed glued to my spot, he easily sensed my hesitation so he stretched out a hand, "Come on."

The others behind the line were growing impatient so I finally gave up, walking pass his hand, I found my spot at his front and I could practically hear him screaming out victory. He should know that he's only one who can do that without getting a nice slap.

Cafeteria food will be cafeteria food – meaning it sucks. Bland chicken, withered lettuce, soggy burgers, and the usual stale pizza. It had been this way long before I even got into this school, the thought of it changing is just a faraway dream.

"Tuna sandwich," I ordered to the cafeteria lady. She nodded and plopped a paper plate with the sandwich and an apple on it. This is as good as its going to get.

I'm internally cringing already just looking at it as I paid for the meal. If you're one of those girls like Vivian, you would go for the withered salad, but if you care more about the energy, go for the sandwiches or the pasta, it's probably the most decent thing you'll get.

When we came back to the long table, it was already filled with the usual group. The jocks, the girls from the other sports team and of course, the unwavering cheerleaders.

I cleared my throat loudly and the girls turned to me. Some from the lower years quickly stood up, getting the message and I easily slid in to the spot they were previously sitting on.

Turning to my side, I recognized my seatmate as a junior from the basketball team. Giving him that smile that I've practiced well enough to know that no one can deny it, I took out some bills and gave him that sweet look, "Can you please buy me some water from the vending machine, I forgot to get some."

And if you want, I can bat my eyelashes for extra effects.

Without a second thought, he took the money and stood, going off to do the task I've given.

See? If you're given this position, might as well use it for your advantage.

That was the usual scene at lunch. Aside from those powerful ones seated at the middle, we will always take the attention just because of our numbers and how rowdy this can be within a minute of sitting down.

Let me correct myself, because of how rowdy this can be with just fixing up the tables.

Just as I was about to bite into my lunch, Vivian suddenly squeezed herself in-between Gray and I, making me drop my sandwich and let out a groan of frustration.