Chapter Twelve: Too Cliché

Never challenge a cheerleader. Why? Well, for one thing, she always has an army of manicured nails behind her back and she's ready to deliver a nice bitch slap whenever she deems appropriate.

Also, never get the cheerleader's guy. Why? Well, you know why.

"So we don't like Erin Matthews now?" one of the girls questioned as they all followed me while we walked into the school. My ankle was still wrapped up and I shouldn't have used it too much yesterday but what's done is done.

I'm sure as hell thankful that I went to Evan's house or else I would be wandering around oblivious of what's happening.

"Correct," I confirmed, my game face on, "But leave her brother out of this."

"You so have a thing for Evan," Vivian smirked beside me and I rolled my eyes, waving her off.

"I don't," I said, turning away the idea completely, "Unlike you Viv, I don't see everyone as a fuck buddy."

She was shocked for me to display such a lash so bluntly in front of everyone. One of them whispered to her that I was just temperamental this morning so she should just ignore it. That's what she get for saying that, I'm done with people pointing at Evan as if I'm going to eat him up.

I don't want rumors to erupt around him just because of me.

"And her friends?" another one questioned, returning back to the original topic.

"Whatever you want," I said. I don't really know them, but if these girls wants to have some extra fun then why not? I still have that one chick who almost yelled at me during gym period engraved in my mind.

Don't do that to me.

Gray suddenly appeared in front of us and flashed the girls a smile, making them stop with the conversation to stare at him. Me? I was less than pleased with the interruption.

He knows that when I'm like this, there's trouble just around the corner.

Wrapping an arm around my shoulder, he led me away from the group and started talking, "Whatever you're thinking, Clara, please get it out of your pretty head."

Just because he called me pretty doesn't mean I'm backing off.

"Didn't I tell you that before?" I snorted, shrugging of his arm off.

"I know that I was wrong..." he trailed off.

Taking a deep breath, I prevented myself from softening up, but alas, I failed. Well, only a little bit, "At least you came on time, I was worried that you'll come late."

His expression suddenly softened at the concern and I meant it. As angry as I was at him, I don't want his dreams to be crushed just because of tardiness. At the end of the day, fights or not, I still care for him. And to tell you the truth, the day he tells me that he doesn't need me anymore is the day I would really snap for good.

Meaning, I'll cause mass destruction.

"Clara..." he trailed off, his hand just an inch away from mine, "You're just stressing yourself."

Shaking my head, I reached out and gave his cheek a little pat, "Gray, you just be yourself, I'll take care of everything."

He released an audible sigh as I walked around him and went straight to the classroom and he had no choice but to follow. He only gave me these talks, hoping that I would give up on my own because he has never told me to stop.

Deep inside, I know he doesn't want me to go as well.

Even when he has a new girl, he'll still hang around with me. And it infuriated the others, thinking that they got rid of me, but what they don't know, even Gray doesn't want me to leave.