Chapter Three: The Dictator

I watched in both horror and annoyance as the pyramid slowly toppled over, sending a few of my teammates to the ground. I was starting to get pissed at the amount of times we attempted to do it, but every single try, at least one girl will lose her balance that will lead to this domino effect.

They looked up at me, their eyes pleading to move on and save the part for another day.

Sorry girls, but I'm a dictator.

Clapping my hands together, I commanded, "Again! Go to your positions now."

I heard groans of frustration and I literally felt a nerve pop as I mustered my hardest glare, crossing my arms over my chest and letting out a loud yell, "I said now!"

Like I mentioned before, the gym was packed with the other teams and some spectators. Because of my boisterous demand, it went silent for a second, but they all went back to their own businesses after a quick while.

The girls scrambled back to their feet and ran to their spots on the mat. They stood still, already in a stance to do the jumps and flips.

"One, two, three," I counted off, "Go!"

The first five that were to go on the bottom did a flip before positioning themselves, the next three followed, getting lifted up by the five at the bottom, and finally, Vivian – who was supposed to go at the top – did a couple flips, before climbing from the back of the pyramid so she could end up being carried by the three other girls.

But of course, because she was oh so talented, she lost her footing and like before, the whole pyramid went down.

The only reason why Vivian was voted as co-captain was because people assumed she was the only one who can handle me.

The seniors that graduated all favored me as the captain so the rest of the team had no say in it, but they did have a say on who will be my right hand man. Though the problem is that they chose the worst possible person for the job.

"Can we take a break?" one of the girls asked, rubbing her bottom that was probably aching from the impact.

I was fuming and it was pretty obvious from the way she quickly shut her mouth once taking a good look at the expression I was wearing.

I'm going to break some bones if I have to spend a whole session just to get this part right. Why can't Vivian accept the fact that she's too heavy to be on the top of the pyramid?!

The said girl walked up to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder as I resisted the huge urge to glare at her. She gave me a smile and spoke, "Why don't we just end it for today? We'll surely nail it tomorrow."

"If we're going to do it tomorrow then I'm demanding the whole team to be here two hours before first period," I muttered.

Few mumbles of protests sounded in the room and that's when I smirked, "So are we going to do it today or tomorrow?"

"Today," they hesitantly replied.

"Good," I approved, before removing Vivian's arm around me, "And Viv, you're no longer on top of the pyramid."

Her eyes widened and I could feel her menacing aura, but I easily ignored it as I pointed at the lightest girl in our team, "You'll be on top."

She was just a tiny freshman but I could already see the determination in her eyes when I told her my decision. She nodded enthusiastically at the new task she gratefully took, "Of course!"

"Clara you've got to be kidding me," Vivian practically screeched, "The one on top should be the star of that part."

I flicked her forehead just to shut her up, "And that's going to be her."