Chapter Seven: She. Is. Crazy

I showered in Gray's bathroom as he went ahead downstairs to get us something for breakfast. Knowing him and his horrible cooking skills, there isn't much that he can do. He might just whip up some instant oatmeal or something.

Changing into the clothes I brought, I ran a brush through my hair before putting it up into a messy bun. Checking the time on my phone, I frowned to find out that I didn't have any time to practice the triple flip this morning.

The competition was fast approaching, we have less than a week to get everything done. Time was ticking and I could say the same for Gray, I know he's already on edge with the oncoming game – it was on his shoulders to get rid of the football drought that came upon our team.

Applying the finishing touches on my makeup, I put on my wedge heels and after giving myself one more look at the mirror, I grabbed my bag and went down.

Just like I predicted, Gray just got the instant oatmeal, whacked it in the oven, and tried to pull it off by serving it with a bruised banana at the side of the bowl. Although it wasn't the best, he was grinning there with the proudest expression on his face.

He was like a child showing off his distorted clay figurine.

It's the thought that counts.

"You should have just asked me to cook, you know," I laughed, sitting on the kitchen island next to him.

"When was the last time I let you use my kitchen?" he questioned and when I didn't reply, he chuckled, "Exactly."

The last time? Well, never. Not that he was afraid of the house burning down, he just said that he doesn't believe that the guest should be the one doing the cooking.

I don't know about you, but I love this side of him. I think it's completely adorable.

Our conversation drifted off to different topics about school and our clique. I tried to bring up Erin, but he has a way of turning the talk around whenever he wants to. I know that there's a part of him that's afraid of what I can do.

That's why he doesn't tell me when there's a new girl.

A few fights might have sparked when I took action, but he has always forgiven me when I apologized. That's all we need actually – one of us has to drop our pride and say sorry.

Footsteps behind us sounded and before I could even turn around, I already knew who it was. Gray's mom is away and his dad has a night shift so he doesn't get home until nine. There's only one other person in this house.

"Clara!" the tall man greeted with his incredibly deep voice as he strutted into the kitchen in nothing but his pajama bottoms, "Long time, no see."

If I didn't know any better, I would have assumed that a Gray three years in the future suddenly discovered time travel and came back here.

Bryan Martyn stood there in all of his masculine glory, complete with the wonderfully messed up hair and nicely sculpted abs.

He's Gray's older brother and if you couldn't tell from the way the guy sat next to me gritted his teeth, it's quite obvious that he doesn't get along with him very well. I've met him in a few occasions and during his time in our high school, he was exactly what Gray is right now.

The bad boy star of the football team that attracted girls like flies to honey.

Those traits of his is the exact same reason why Gray isn't fond of him, but then again, that's a story for another day.

He's currently a third year at the local college and is rarely around here. I've stayed overnight for a couple of times and I can confidently say that he hasn't been around during those times. I might have bumped into him a few times when I sneak out, but it only happened about once or twice.