Chapter Twenty-Four: My Story

Somehow, I fell asleep on the couch last night and Gray managed to carry me up to his bed. When I woke up though, he wasn't by my side and I sat up, looking around the room.

Why does it feel so long since the last time I was in here?

Nothing changed really. The ceiling still had the marks of the stars that used to be stuck there, he still have a pile of clothes by the corner of the room, his closet still remained open, exposing how he never gets to organize it, his desk was still cluttered as ever, and still a few bits and bobs scattered all around the room.

Stretching my arms over my head, I pulled off the covers and stood up, walking to window so I could open the curtain and let in the sunlight.

When I looked down on the windowsill of the outside, I clicked my tongue at the amount of cigarette stubs scattered there. Old habits are hard to break.

I did a quick toilet break before I went downstairs. Gray was in the kitchen, his shirtless back turned to me. I tilted my head to the side to get a better angle of that gorgeous view.

I miss staring at this.

When he turned around, he was a little surprised to see me standing there but his lips slowly curved into a smirk when he saw I was approvingly nodding towards his good looking physique. Gray Martyn's abs were something I wouldn't mind staring at all day.

On his hand was a plate of toast and he placed it down on the kitchen island, "Sorry, I have nothing else to offer."

"Why am I not surprised?" I muttered as I took one and bit on it, walking past him to make myself some coffee. Like the many times before, I've paraded in this house too many times to be so comfortably casual whenever I'm making my way around it.

While I was busily tending to the black coffee machine, I felt his arm wrap around my waist from behind and his chin settled on top of my shoulder.

Does he really think that we're completely okay now? Boy, you made me go through hell and back, I'm going to shoot if you if you assumed that I will let you do whatever you want just because you told me that the lamb was prancing around with a puppy dog.

The big wolf can't get everything that he wants without working hard for it.

I shrugged him off and pinched his arm away as I took the poured myself a cup of coffee, "No can do, pretty boy."

He blinked at how I blatantly rejected his advances. He blew out a heavy sigh before stretching out his arms, "What can I do to for you to forgive me?"

"Are you mine and only mine?" I lifted a brow, sipping my caffeinated drink. Although I wasn't completely serious, I think that in his mind, I was.

"I'm yours Clara," he declared.

Years. I've waited for years for him to say those words to me. That he was mine – that he would no longer go preying around for some other girl. Yet, I don't want empty statements that was filled with false promises.

"Erin still thinks otherwise," I told him, "Save that sappy shit and call me when you're not dealing with two loads."

Not saying that I'm willing to be yours though.

If I went with Gray, it meant that I would have to break Evan's heart. The same guy who didn't even dare to hurt me once, intentionally or not. Sure, we argue, but that's about it. We make up hours later and let's be real, he made a lot more effort in a few months than Gray did for two years.

"No she doesn't," his mood dropped, "She chose someone else."

That sadness that I haven't seen in a long time was disheartening. When my focus went back to him, I suddenly remembered how I turned into the girl who was completely protective and possessive of him. That was the look that got me, I was the only one he ever trusted enough to pour his insecurities out.