Chapter Thirty-One: Co-Captain

"So you and Gray are officially together now?" a teammate asked just as we finished the cool down exercises.

After doing one last stretch, I turned to her before nodding, "Apparently so."

They went silent for a while with the confirmation before they started gathering around me, all saying a bunch of incoherent words as I only scratched my head in confusion. They were all speaking at the same time so I couldn't focus on a single person or a single word any of them were saying.

Well, that was until I saw Vivian hauling the mats to the side.

Okay, when that girl does a chore, I know something is wrong. She never makes an effort to do something without me telling her.

"It happened last Friday, after the game, we went out for dinner last Saturday night, and yes, we slept together after," I answered all of their inquiries with a single statement before I commanded, "Now move."

And as quick as the words left my mouth, they all stepped to the side to give me way.

Approaching the black-haired girl, she slowly looked up when she saw my figure looming over her. Crossing my arms over my chest, we started to have a complete conversation with just our eyes.

I don't know where we're standing anymore. I know that she was faking it the whole time and she was completely aware of my certain distaste for her plastic personality. After that argument last Friday, I'm surprised nobody could sense the heavy tension between me and the team's co-captain.

She snapped her gaze away before she continued on pulling the mat to the pile by the side. Rolling my eyes, I stepped on the said mat, making her stop and stand up straight once again, her stance obviously annoyed and frustrated.

"Looks like you two need some time alone," one girl muttered before the whole group started heading their way to the locker room.

"What should we do, Viv?" I asked with a sigh, "We both know that this ordeal is screwed up."

She jammed her hands into the pockets of her shorts as she pursed her lips, "Well, four years down the line and we're finally having this conversation."

"We weren't like this before," I mentioned as I shook my head, "What happened?"

"That's what I want to know too," she said, "You've become more and more condescending as years went by."

"And you've been more and more obvious with your wishes," I retorted.

Wouldn't it be just easy to break off this 'friendship' or something?

Nope, we still have two rounds of competition left and I'm not taking any chances by affecting the camaraderie thingy our team has.

"Just forget it, captain," she said with a huff as he turned around.

Before she could even take a step forward, I told her, "Stop and stay."

Perhaps I hit a nerve or something because when she spun on her heel, she looked furious. Her hands balled up into fists as she marched up to me, jotting a finger to my chest to make a point, "I'm not your dog and I'm not someone you can just fucking command around."

I lifted a hand and wrapped it around that finger, my grip tightening with every word I uttered, "And I'm not some you can use that tone of voice on."

"You're not my boss," she snarled, slapping my arm with her free hand so I can release her from my grasp, "You're a cheerleader, just like the rest of us."