Chapter Thirty-Three: Chilled Day

"This evening is going to be a pain," Gray groaned from his position on his bed as I rolled my eyes, zipping up my dress from the side.

If he thinks that this was going to be a pain then for me, this is going to absolute torture. I'm the one under interrogation tonight and even though the spotlight does belong to me, I'd rather shove it off onto someone else for this situation.

Adding up another problem, my mom has gone eerily quiet. I've been going home, but I purposefully timed it so that I wouldn't run into her or Will. Usually, when I have these melodramatic breakdowns, she would be trying non-stop to contact me, but now, one missed call plus a text message and that was it.

Maybe after handling this problem then I'll go to her.

Bending down, I grabbed my shoes before sitting down on the bed so I can put them on, "It doesn't help that I have a competition tomorrow."

"You girls will win that, I'm as sure of that as I am that we're going to win our championships," he stated, shooting up from his position and pressing a soft kiss on my shoulder, "After that, you'll go to the state finals, right?"

I hummed in confirmation with a smile, strapping on my heels before standing up, turning to him and gesturing to my outfit. He smiled softly before nodding in approval, "That's my girl."

"Thank you," I laughed as I reached out to grab my clutch, "Okay, I'm ready."

Getting up on his feet, he grabbed his suit jacket and swung it on before opening the door for me, "If they ask, I picked you up from your house."

As if I'll tell them that I've been staying in their house for the past week.

I'm still trying to comprehend what was behind Bryan's mischievous tone during that time. All I know is that it will not be good for me or Gray.

Then again, if he pulls any dirty tricks out, he should remember who he's dealing with.

After locking up the house, we got into the car and proceeded to drive to the restaurant that they told us about. I looked it up online and let me tell you, it's fancy.

Full on snobby waiters and a hundred dollar for a piece of leaf kind of fancy.

Stopping right at the front, raised his finger to tell me to wait as he got down before going around to open my door for me, "You're a gentleman tonight."

He shrugged as offered his hand, "I'm always a gentleman."

I held back a snort before taking his hand and stepping out of the car, "Yeah right."

"Only to you, babe," he chuckled with a suggestive wink while he took the piece of paper the valet employee handed to him with a polite nod. Hand in hand, we entered the restaurant and as we got greeted by the maître d' that was rooted by the podium.

"Good evening, do you have any reservations?" he asked with a formal but gentle tone.

"We're joining the others under the name Martyn," Gray easily replied and the man looked into his monitor screen before nodding.

"This way, please," he said as he stepped down from the podium and led us towards the table where Gray's parents were already seated.

It was a round table composing of six chairs and I sighed at the reminder of the other Martyn. Although during dinners with Gray's family, the fun was actually the guessing game in which we all have to find out who the eldest son brought to be his date. That, and his feeble attempts to get into their mother's nerve without being too obvious about it.