Chapter Fifteen: Goodbye

"Proud wolves that we are, we'll go really far!" we chanted our corny school cheers as we jumped around, getting the crowd going.

The mascot stood next to us, doing his usual silly dance moves as the drumline went with the beat of the cheers. My ankle was still wrapped, but the doctor told me that by next week, it will be fully healed – just in time for Hallie's wedding.

Speaking of the wedding...

My eyes zoomed in on Gray on the field, running around. His game was obviously off and I don't know if I'm partly to blame for this but honestly, I don't care anymore.

I think he has already silently told me that he's not going to the wedding with me anymore and I'm fine with that.

He was the one who passed up on this gorgeous being.

The routines were amazingly executed, much to my surprise, and we didn't miss a beat. The opponent was ahead and if we lose this game, it would be a big blow for all of us.

So Gray Martyn better straighten up his amazingly sculpted ass or else we wouldn't be able to raise the school spirit on this side of the bleachers.

Turning to the crowd, I clapped my hands and yelled, trying to boost them up. The other girls followed and we did another round of cheers, waving our hands up in the air to encourage the students to join in. This was quite difficult since even the head cheerleader wasn't in the mood.

"Maybe Gray's suffering from withdrawal symptoms since Clara basically dumped him," one of the girls laughed as she bent down by the cooler to get a drink, "And I'm pretty sure that nerd is too much of a good girl to give him some."

She basically implied that Gray misses having sex and he can't get some because the girl he's currently chasing was probably a pure virgin. Whether it was a compliment or not, I was not happy with that statement. I wasn't with him just for doing it and it's like saying that he was using me.

I scrunched up my face in disapproval for her comment. I dropped my sweat-filled towel onto her face to give her a piece of mind, "I'm not his stress reliever."

She cringed when the towel touched her skin and she quickly swiped it away, flinging it back towards me. When it hit me, I gave her my nastiest look and her expression morphed into fear as she stood up and slowly backed away, "I'm sorry, Clara."

"Just watch your mouth," I threatened before I yelled at the team, "Positions!"

Don't anger the dictator.

They all scrambled around, bumping into each other along the way. Thankfully, the drums drowned out my yell and hid the fact that I was less than cheery and preppy. The people's attention were still on the game happening on the field and when I looked up at the audience, I could see Erin being sandwiched by her two best friends, Side and Kick squealing whenever Gray did the right move while the lamb stood there in amazement.

I didn't give up Gray just for you to stand there so you better stand up and cheer like a fucking maniac or else I'm going to smack this cheap pompom onto your face.

But then again, you're showing Gray just what he was missing.

My gaze then fell upon Evan, whose focus wasn't on the game, but on us. He saw me looking at him and he offered me a comforting smile, knowing all too well that I was a downer for this night.

Turning around, I clapped my hands and grabbed my pompoms, initiating another round of cheers, "Wolves!"

Last two minutes, it was an even match. We've been neck in neck for the whole game and this didn't settle in well with both competing schools. I commanded my girls to start with the pyramid, the last resort to boost up the school spirit and give those players the motivation.