Epilogue: Right

I boast myself for easily reading people and being quick to befriend them. Only, there was an exception to that, and it made me question my actual skills in getting through everybody's thick walls. The special case was a couple known as Clara Harper and Gray Martyn.

Gray was an untouchable mass of muscle, being one of the prides of the football team despite only being a sophomore. Arrogance oozed out of his pores and nobody dared to doubt his physical strength along with his strong will.

Clara, on the other hand, was the fierce cheerleader who had captured the attention of the many seniors and rumor has it that they planned to make her the captain next year, this was met with a lot of protests from the current juniors. With her head always held high, she walked with nothing but confidence and self-assurance.

From what I've heard, they've been together since high school and although that was sweet and all, I would love to probe more and discover their tale. They were surely something I would love to unwrap, because people seem to float around them, but no one ever dared to penetrate that little bubble they've created between themselves.

Gray's dark locks contrasted greatly with Clara's light blonde hair. His steel brown eyes fought with her stormy blue ones. His big form positively towered over her slim and slender figure.

Physically, they clashed. Personality and attitude wise, I think they fit amazingly together.

The usually rough looking boy would automatically relax once Clara would find her way to his side. Her tense features would always soften once they have made contact with each other. Their fingers would interlock together and nothing could break their hold.

During his many games, she would always be cheering on the side. Win or lose, she would run up to him at the end of the game to greet him with an embrace and a kiss.

When she competes, he would always be in the crowd, a look of pride overcoming his face as he clapped and cheered the loudest for his girl.

Although their displays of affection removed any doubts about their relationship, their faults were not covered up. Once they start to argue, the screams and yells they would emit just called for your attention. There would always be a routine – they would have a row and throw a couple of harsh words to each other, Clara would walk away, Gray would pull her back with a tug on her wrist, and they would be in each other's arms.

By that time, everybody would have said that they had made up already and people would start going back to their own lives as the pair would stand still in their embrace. Just by the chaste kiss on the top of her head would summon a look of pure bliss and the soft caress of her hand on his cheek would create the gentlest smile.

Love – that was the only way I can describe what they have.

If you see the broad tan male, expect for the pale beautiful girl in step right beside him. They were always seen together, like two peas in a pod. Everybody knows that the football player was completely protective over his slip of a girlfriend, never thinking twice in throwing a punch who would dare cross their path.

Clara wasn't as innocent as one would think. She was as possessive as they get, the glare she would send multiple females who tried to flirt with Gray was enough to get them scampering away. If that wasn't enough turn them off, people will just hear about some 'accident' happening to that same girl who tried to make a move.

She was as graceful as the sea but was disastrous as a harsh storm. He was as mesmerizing as the view of a high mountain but was dangerous as a shattering earthquake

They were special in their own way but together, they were in a whole other level. They could create both harmony and destruction just by being together.

A peaceful catastrophe as I simply call it.

During any party, they would laugh along with their mutual acquaintances, their choice of alcohol in their hands but in the middle of the hustle and bustle, they would always find a way to disappear. We weren't stupid, we know where they went.

When they think nobody was paying attention to them, they would be making out at some hidden corner, hands all over each other before they would climb up into a room or something, hiding away from any preying gazes.

Her smile when she was with him was enough to make anybody fall for her, but everybody was aware that it was only reserve for him. His sweet gestures made girls imagine the wildest fantasies, but it was a common fact that he would only do those things for her.

She had those looks that could be soft and sharp at the same time, fooling no one that she wouldn't be able to take any challenge that would come her way. Then he had that rough exterior, but was a little broken inside who would follow her to the ends of the earth.

I'm afraid that he would go to hell for her and she would gladly stay there with him.

His short temper and sheer reputation for violence earned him the title of a bad boy. Her ability to show a preppy disposition and skillful moves for the cheer team made her the perfect cheerleader.

In other words, he was her bad boy as she was his cheerleader.

And you know what? No matter how much one would try, they wouldn't be able to pierce through the understanding they have.

"I'm always your ally and you're mine, right?" I heard her question quietly as she rested her head on his shoulder.

He flashed her a sincere smile while wounding an arm around her waist and nodding, "Right."

------------

Word Count: 1000