A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) TWO

“Yah! TaeMin~ah! Don’t do this!” JongHyun begged as he was dragged through the busy streets of Seoul. Merchants stared at them from their booths, some trying to stop them to advertise their products to them.

            TaeMin ignored his hyung, persevering through the crowd to the little white store that he’d had his eye on before. He’d been in maybe once, inspired to explore by the bright window display in front and had found some stickers that he’d wanted. Unfortunately he hadn’t any money at the time to pay for them. JongHyun, being the caring person that he was, had gone to buy them only to have quite an interesting run in with the employee there.

            Having heard the story, TaeMin had decided to go confront the worker (much to JongHyun’s displeasure). He didn’t want to go back there… Especially not in the same day.

            The familiar store came into view, with its big pink sign and white exterior. The slim boy shoved the door open roughly, dragging JongHyun in by the wrist. Since the place was small it was easy to stake out the employee.

            JongHyun felt his lip curve up as he studied him. He was still at the counter, magazine spread out in front of him. His dark hair half covered his felines eyes and hew as gnawing at his lower lip in the cutest of ways. How was it that this guy managed to pull off looking good in a pink shirt?

            His moment of examination period of the rude guy was short lived as TaeMin posed him a question.

            “Is that him?” the young boy asked.

            JongHyun nodded.

            With a look of pure determination that didn’t suit his innocent face, TaeMin marched over to the counter. He stood there for a while, waiting for the other to look up which – of course – he didn’t.

            “Excuse me,” TaeMin said, irritations clear in his voice.

            “Ne~?” the employee asked, sounding quite bored.

            TaeMin’s lips pursed, his eyebrows moving in to furrow in a disbelieving manner. Under any other circumstances JongHyun would have been blown away by his aegyo but now when he was clearly angry… Who was he kidding? He was still adorable.

            The boy shifted his weight, glaring at the guy with a gaze that could baffle anyone.

            “It’s rude to ignore your customers!” he bellowed. He knew if he didn’t tell this guy off soon his anger would dissipate and he’d just end up being nice to him… This guy didn’t deserve nice.

            JongHyun watched on in amusement as the employee raised his head to stare at his friend. He wasn’t surprised to see the unimpressed, couldn’t care less look on his face. The sharp stare he cast on TaeMin seemed to shaken him up a bit.

            A second or two passed in which TaeMin struggled to gather his bearings. He took a deep breath and said, “I don’t appreciate how you treated my friend.”

            One of those perfect eyebrows of the employee’s cocked up in confusion. He didn’t seem to be phased by this statement as much as TaeMin wanted him to be. This seemed to unnerve TaeMin and he started to fidget. Just like JongHyun had predicted: he was too nice to yell at anyone.

            “What friend?” the employee asked.

            “Me,” JongHyun answered, stepping up to give TaeMin some support. He wasn’t about to stand there and watch his dongsaeng crash and burn.