A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) FOUR

JongHyun had debated whether or not to follow the ambulance to the hospital. In the end he’d decided not to and just headed home. Key probably didn’t want anything to do with him at the moment anyway. So instead of follow after the yellow van he set back on foot and traipsed off to TaeMin’s house.

            Considering that TaeMin’s parents weren’t home he just walked right in. Being an older brother figure to him had its advantages. He got to hand out at TaeMin’s house, eat his food and really just chill with his best friend. It was great!

            “TaeMinnie! Are you here?” JongHyun called, climbing up the stairs to reach his room.

            There was some shuffling upstairs before JongHyun heard TaeMin’s voice squeak an answer to him.

            “I’m in my room, hyung!”

            That was odd; his voice sounded strained. The more JongHyun neared the room the weirder it got. By now TaeMin was usually meeting him in the middle of the stair way and he would have been nearly killing them both by tackle hugging him.

            The rustling and giggling coming from TaeMin’s room wasn’t doing anything to put him more at ease either.

            “TaeMin?” JongHyun asked, closing in on his door.

            “I-I’m in here hy – ah!” TaeMin let out a little squeal and giggle and another giggle accompanied it.

            Worried about his dongsaeng, JongHyun cleared the hallway in four long strides before pushing open the door. He was ready to fight, to scream, to defend TaeMin with everything he had against whoever was possibly violating him (willingly or not) but he was surprised to see TaeMin a good meter and a half from the person in the room with him.

            He was met with first TaeMin’s bright smiling face and studied it closely to make sure it wasn’t bruised or anything before turning to stare at the other guy.

            Even by sitting JongHyun could tell that this stranger was tall. That pissed him off. Hi face was adorned with big, bugging brown eyes and a wide smile. He had dark hair, waving down to his shoulder to polish off that tall, dark and handsome thing he had going on. This guy was everything JongHyun didn’t want for TaeMin (and simply just because it was everything he wasn’t) which is why his own brown eyes narrowed at him.

            “Who’s this?” he asked suspiciously.

            Oblivious to the different tone in JongHyun’s voice, TaeMin began to introduce the two to each other in his normal, chipper self.

            “Hyung! This is MinHo hyung! We met back in elementary school but I haven’t seen him since junior high since he graduated before me and went to a different high school,” he said.

            JongHyun continued to stare suspiciously at MinHo. He seemed to be normal with his welcoming smile but he had to make extra sure that he hadn’t turned into some crazy guy for TaeMin’s sake.

            “Where did you meet?” he asked.

            “He was getting ice cream and I just happened to walk by,” MinHo explained.

            “So you were stalking him?” JongHyun grinned in success as MinHo squirmed under his gaze. TaeMin however had a slightly confused look on his face. He’d thought that JongHyun would have been happy about him finding his old friend. Now he seemed almost jealous…