A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) FIFTEEN

Officially pooped after that lunch outing, JongHyun was relieved when Onew said that they’d be heading back to the store. He was still packed full of false energy so he set about doing his work at a quick pace.

            The other two watched in bizarre fascination. Who knew someone so short could move so fast?

            Onew felt concern flying all around him. There was something bothering both of his employees. The way JongHyun was skittering about like a nervous animal was troublesome. And Key being as silent as he was now was definitely not normal. Usually he was very loud and always complaining about one thing or another.

            “Hey! Watch it!” Key suddenly yelled.

            Onew turned to see JongHyun spurting a quick apology before racing off again. This was getting too weird…

            “Why don’t you two go home?” Onew suggested.

            They both stopped in their tracks like a train would when using their emergency breaks after going at their fastest speeds. Their eyes fixed on their boss disbelievingly.

            “But we still have work to do,” Key protested first.

            “You guys are driving me crazy and there hasn’t been a rush that I can’t handle – go home,” Onew repeated.

            It took a while for it to set into their brain but soon Onew was shoving their belongings at them and bustling them towards the exit.

            Key let out some cries of protest but one look from Onew told him that he should just go along with it.

            “Hyung! You didn’t give me my umbrella!” Key whined.

            A pink parasol was tossed at him. Key flailed for a moment but managed not to drop it. He harrumphed, opening it up before twisting to face JongHyun.

            “Relax guys! I’ll see you later!” Onew called, disappearing back into the store.

            They stared at each other. All the feelings each of them held cracking like snap candy in the space between them. Eventually, Key sighed, walking in the direction he often saw JongHyun walking in after work.

            “Where are you going?” JongHyun asked, still rooted to the spot where he was standing.

            “Your place,” Key answered. If he’d been staring at his co-worker her would have seen his eyes bugging out of his head.

            “Uhm, why?” he asked, jogging up to catch up with him.