A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) SIXTEEN

The world was blurring. It was as if moving things and still things were blending together and then apart again. It was like JongHyun was on some sort of bad drug trip. After nearly two weeks of the double jobs and tutoring Key he had no time for himself. He couldn't even remember the last time he talked to TaeMin… Or showered.

            Jesus, he hadn't even been able to talk to TaeMin since he'd had to cancel his phone plan. He was probably really worried…

            JongHyun made a mental note to go visit TaeMin later.

            “Yah, JongHyun! Are you going to stand around and stare into space all day or unpack these boxes?” Onew asked.

            The young man jolted out of his buzzing thoughts. He tried to give a smile to his boss but even that seemed to take way too much energy. Man, he really should have eaten something before coming to work. His stomach screamed with the rage of a thousand men as he dragged his feet towards the new shipments.

            He hated that he’d run out of packaged noodles… Now all he had was stale bread with a questionable green substance growing on it. He didn’t even have tap water because his water had been turned off. He’d been stuck washing at a communal bath house for the past week.

            “JongHyun!”

            Onew’s voice pushed him to get moving again. He swooped down to pick up the box but a sudden rush made him dizzy. Onew of his knees hit the ground and the box smashed down with a loud thud. Onew peered over the counter, worried about his employee.

            “Are you okay?” he asked.

            JongHyun took a moment to gather his bearings. He took in a few deep breaths, suddenly feeling nauseous. It was a feeling he wasn’t accustomed to. Where had this wooziness come from? he wondered.

            “JongHyun~ah…” Onew stepped around the counter, ready to help out if he was needed.

            “I’m fine,” JongHyun assured. He took in another deep breath and made to pick the box up again. As soon as he straightened up, though, the dizziness came back with a vengeance and he found his eyesight tunnelling in until all he could see was a bunch of pink and silver sparkles and then nothing.

            When light began to penetrate JongHyun’s eyesight again he found himself disoriented. His eyelids opened, allowing a bit of vision for him to analyze the situation. The first thing he was able to distinguish was Onew’s face staring down at him in worry. He seemed engorged like a balloon subjected to heat for too long.

            There was a dull pounding in the back of JongHyun’s head. He felt the coldness of the hardwood floors seeping into his skin. Why was he on the floor? He wondered.