A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) SEVENTEEN

It took longer than expected for TaeMin to answer the door. JongHyun had actually begun getting dizzy again when the young boy finally answered the door. His hair was wet and he only had on a white wife beater and sweats. He'd probably just showered.

            “Hyung!” TaeMin exclaimed, his face breaking out into a smile. “Where have you been? Come in!”

            JongHyun was ushered into TaeMin’s house and up the stairs to his room. The walk up was somewhat torturous for him since he still had almost no energy. It was fine, though, since TaeMin seemed to have enough energy to last the both of them for days to come.

            TaeMin’s room was just like JongHyun remembered it - messy, but always smelling of fresh fruit (some miracle of life).

            “I just got back from dance class so I haven’t cleaned yet,” TaeMin apologized.

            “It’s not like you would have cleaned up anyway,” JongHyun teased.

            TaeMin threw a pillow at him. The elder let himself be smacked by it, too tired to even try to deflect the blow. Had it been up to him, he would have taken that pillow and slept on it.

He ignored TaeMin for a second as he dumped his things down on the bed and then let his body follow.

            “I’m mad at you hyung!” TaeMin suddenly yelled.

            “Why?” JongHyun asked, already knowing the answer.

            “Because you disappeared on me! I couldn’t find you! Every time I called it said your phone number didn’t exist! The only way I knew you were alive was because Onew hyung said you still came to work! Hey… Shouldn’t you be at work right now?”

            “Onew hyung is making me take a paid vacation type thing…” JongHyun admitted with some embarrassment.

            “Why? What happened?”

            “I, uh, passed out today.”

            TaeMin’s face acquired the cutest worried look JongHyun had ever seen (and if TaeMin ever found out he had thought that he would throw a fit). He sat on the bed by his lying down friend and fixed his gaze on him seriously.

            “Are you sick, hyung? Do you have cancer? Are you going to die?” TaeMin asked.

            JongHyun laughed lightly, shaking his head as best as he could with it pressed up to the mattress. “I’m not sick,” he assured him.

            “Then what’s wrong? You don’t look the same hyung…”