A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) ELEVEN

TaeMin bounced around excitedly in his seat. He watched the stores lining the street in anticipation. He had no clue where they were going but MinHo probably had something great planned out.

            When the anxiousness got too much for the young boy to tolerate he asked, “Hyung, where are we going?”

            MinHo grinned at TaeMin, staring at him from the corner of his eye.

            “Yah, TaeMin~ah! I told you already, it’s a surprise.”

            “You only said that back at the store to shut me up… I’m still sorry, you know… I should have noticed that weren’t in a good mood…” TaeMin hung his head, recalling what had happened earlier…

            “Hyung! Wait! I have to bring this to JongHyun hyung!” TaeMin yelled, racing down the stairs with a text book clutched tight in his hands. He stood at the bottom of the stairs to catch his breath which allowed MinHo to get a good look at him. He was cute with his long hair all mussed up like that.

            “JongHyun hyung’s been looking for this all morning,” TaeMin said, his shoes already being slipped on. He was about to step out just like that but MinHo stopped him.

            “Yah! Don’t think I’m letting you out like that. JongHyun hyung gave me strict orders about this. Get a sweater and I’ll get an umbrella,” MinHo said, gently nudging the younger boy backwards. TaeMin let out a huff but complied nonetheless.

            He was dressed in under a minute, waiting by the door impatiently while MinHo approached him with an umbrella and his pump. He’d been told horror stories about some of TaeMin’s episodes by JongHyun and he did not want to be helpless if TaeMin suddenly happened. It was quite sad actually… MinHo knew TaeMin’s health had been in poor condition during junior high but it seemed to have gotten worse over the years they’d been apart.

            “Hyung!”

            TaeMin’s loud voice brought MinHo back to reality and he hurried to get ready. They made it to his car with only a few drops of rain managing to reach past the umbrella. MinHo blasted the heat in the car so TaeMin could begin to warm up. The car was shifted into gear and the two headed off down the road.

            After a while, MinHo asked, “So where exactly are we going?”

            “The store. JongHyun hyung said he was going there to check if his book was there,” TaeMin answered.

            “Where does he work?”

            “Take a left here.”

            The car turned, bringing them onto a whole different street. A few turns later and the store was in sight.