A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) TWENTY-SIX

Like promised, Onew had brought boxes over to pack up the little stuff JongHyun had. Key wasn’t able to come along with him since they store couldn’t afford to be closed forever (there probably wouldn’t be a store to go back to, though, since Onew had left him working with Jessica).

            A stack of flattened boxes leaned up against one wall and another few lay spread out in the room ready to have things tossed into them.

            They had started with the living room since it had more things in it to pack.

            “Keep or toss?” Onew asked, holding up a ratty old t-shirt with a hole in the armpit.

            “I forgot I had that… Toss,” JongHyun decided.

            The shirt got thrown into the garbage bag full of worn clothing and broken items that had collected during their working time. There was a small clink as the shirt unbalanced a lamp resting in there (a lamp that JongHyun never even knew he had).

            “What about these?” Onew held up a pair of demolished jeans.

            “Toss.”

            For the next couple hours they continued in this manner. The garbage bag to box ratio was getting more and more uneven as they finished up the room. After they took a small lunch break (that Onew had forced JongHyun to let him pay for), they attacked the bedroom. There were even more clothes in here and even more random trinkets for them to pick at.

            “What’s this?” Onew asked, holding up a picture frame. The very picture that JongHyun had tried to not look at for months now.

            His family and TaeMin’s family were all framed by the vivacious silver metal. The glass overtop gave the photo a glossy feel that made the picture look more perfect than it actually was.

            His father stood in the center of the group with his arm around his mother. His younger sister stood on the other side of his father while TaeMin’s parents filled up the space beside his mom. A younger version of JongHyun and TaeMin smiled at the camera and everything seemed to be picture perfect – even with TaeMin’s older brother missing from the picture.

            But JongHyun knew that not to be true nowadays. Everything was beyond messed up now.

            “That’s my family,” JongHyun admitted, smiling slightly as he reminisced. “And TaeMin’s family… His older brother was studying abroad, though, so he wasn’t there to take the picture.”

            “TaeMin has a brother?” Onew asked, lowering the picture so he could look at it more closely. “Is this your sister?” JongHyun nodded. “She’s cute.”

            Not wanting to flaunt the picture any longer or let Onew ogle his sister, JongHyun cleared the length of the room in a couple strides to take the photograph away. He placed it in the box he’d been packing and changed the subject.