A Sparkly Ever After (4/4) Epilogue 2

"Today's the day!" Key shrieked, having been up since six am to prepare everything. It'd been two years and many dollars in the making but god was it ever worth it. Jonghyun and Key were inviting their first child home together today. The adoption agency had finally finalized everything and they would be going in get their baby girl that day at noon.

Jonghyun had been less quick to wake up. They'd had a busy week at work and as it was Sunday, this was his day off and he was happy to sleep in, as excited as he was. It wasn't a bone deep exhaustion like he'd had the few years before when he'd broken his foot, but more of a long week, temporary exhaustion. After that day, he and Key had developed more together as a couple, learning when and how to support each other emotionally, mentally and physically, in business and in life. One could even say that that moment of weakness in both of them had made them stronger together.

Otherwise, why else would they be inviting a small bean into their lives?

She was two days old today. They'd been in contact with the birth mom since he second trimester and they were both being released from the hospital today which meant that baby got to go home with them.

"We have Haneul's room all set up, right?" Key asked, going over his check list for the billionth time that day.

Jonghyun traipsed out of their new bedroom with a yawn, nodding and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He found his glasses on the kitchen counter, slipping them on his face before he ambled to the coffee machine. "We went over the list last night, babe. Everything's ready. It's been ready."

Key huffed, joining his partner in the kitchen, not even acknowledging his bare torso as he did. "It has to be perfect. We're going to be two gays with a baby. We can't let the women one-up us. Especially Hyunjae. She has two already; she's ahead of us!"

"This isn't a competition Key," Jonghyun reminded his husband, turning around so he could lean his back on the counter.

Key approached Jonghyun, putting them toe to toe, his hands finding his way onto the other's bare waist. "Maybe not for you, but I want to be the best dad ever," he pouted.

Jonghyun tilted Key's face up so that he could smile sleepily at him. "You managed to get into an advanced business programs at one of the best schools in Seoul just so you could be in the same class as me... I mean, I think that's the type of person who will make a great dad," he reassured Key, kissing him softly.

The tender press of lips against lips had Key sighing, melting into the hold of his lover. He really had managed to win the lottery with this diamond of a man. They were like yin and yang, totally opposite but balancing each other perfectly. Jonghyun was his rock, his core, his anchor that kept him tethered when he got carried away. And Key was the guy that reminded Jonghyun what it was like to be himself, to live freely without the judgment of others. They were perfect for each other and now their perfect duo would become a perfect trio with their perfect daughter.

"Get ready soon," Key hummed against Jonghyun's lips as they pulled apart, but he was weak for the other, not even objecting when their kiss evolved into something a little more exciting and stimulating than morning coffee.

----

They were a small crowd at the hospital. Key's mother in her wheelchair, his mother and his father, Hyunjae and Onew with their two little chicken drumsticks – Taemin being the one squealing in delight as he learned that helium balloons floated back up after you pulled them down -, Taemin's mom and her husband and even Taesun, all waiting for the arrival of the first girl grandchild.

Jonghyun and Key were at the center of the frenzy, waiting anxiously with their baby stroller and diaper bag packed excessively with things. Jonghyun understood Hyunjae now when she had trusted Taemin to him for the first time. There was something about this being his child that made him even more protective. He looked around to the balloons, the flowers, the smiling faces of his family and was reminded again of when he had been married to Key after years of dating. There was nothing more comforting than having his loved ones around him to support him for one of the greatest events in his life.