A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) FIFTY-TWO

When Key arrived the next morning JongHyun bombarded him with a shower of small kisses. He tugged a blonde lock on his hair and laughed when he saw how much it contrasted with his blushing face.

            “Morning,” he greeted his blushing boyfriend.

            Key pushed away from the short boy and scrambled to find a mirror to make sure his hair and make-up hadn’t been ruined.

            “Yah! You’re going to make us late again if you keep acting like this!” he scorned.

            “Don’t whine or I might stop doing it,” JongHyun teased.

            That shut Key up fast. Shades of red coloured his face even more which he hid smoothly by floating around the store to poke at one thing or another.

            JongHyun waited until he was walking the path to school with Key before mention what TaeMin had asked him during his visit the previous day. He slid his hand into the blond boy’s and tugged him close, earning him a small smile.

            “What are you doing late?” JongHyun asked.

            “I’m not working… So nothing I don’t think, why?” Key responded.

            “Because TaeMin wants to meet you. I know you two have already met, but he only found out yesterday that we were together and he wants to meet you as my boyfriend now.”

            “Sop, you mean like officially? You’re introducing us officially to TaeMin?” Key all but squealed.

            The other boy chuckled. “Yeah, something like that,” he confirmed.

            “Well then, I am doing something tonight! I’m going with you to the hospital!”

            “Good then, because we’re going after class.”

            “Sounds perfect.”

            Later that day the couple found themselves traipsing along the hospital hallways on their way to visit TaeMin. Although it was the same building and same floor as yesterday it seemed to shine brighter than usual. The grey speckled tile squinted into the glare of the lights above, illuminating their path in a yellow brick road type of way.

            TaeMin’s doorway was agape and free of any obstacles that could potentially bar the way of the excited duo. Right before they were going to step into the room, though, Key tugged on JongHyun’s hand, pulling him jerkily away from the door and into a position that had them face to face.

            “Hyung,” he whispered, panic seeping into his rushed words. “I don’t think I can do this!”

            JongHyun tilted his head to the side in confusion. “But you’ve already met TaeMin… Or is it because MinHo might be in there? Damn it, I didn’t think about that…”

            Key quickly shook his head at the suggestion. “It’s not MinHo; MinHo’s fine. It’s the fact that I’m being introduced as your boyfriend to your best friend for the first time!”

            There was a pause in which JongHyun tried to comprehend what Key was trying to say.

            “So?” he ended up asking when he failed to draw any conclusion from his pondering.