A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) TWENTY

TaeMin followed JongHyun around while he gathered up his things. His stay at his best friend’s house was coming to an end and he had to go back to his box of an apartment.

            “You don’t have to go hyung! I could ask my mom if you could stay a little longer!” TaeMin said.

            “I can’t impose on you guys any longer… I have to go home eventually,” JongHyun explained. Deep down, though, he really wished he didn’t have to go back. In the short time he’d stayed he’d grown used to the abundance of food, air conditioner and electricity. A little too used to it.

            “We don’t care if you impose! Please hyung! MinHo hyung is coming over – we can all hang out!” TaeMin continued to beg.

            “TaeMin~ah, I’m not going to intrude on your time alone with MinHo. Plus, I have to go tutor Key now so there’s no time to hang out.”

            The disappointment was evident on TaeMin’s face, but there wasn’t much JongHyun could do about it. Plus, he kind of missed the diva.

            “Fine, but call me later!” TaeMin ordered.

            JongHyun froze, remembering just how crappy his living situation was.

            “Uh… I can’t… There’s uh… A power outage in my building so we don’t have any electricity right now,” he lied. He saw the confused look on TaeMin’s face – saw him calculating things. Hopefully he wouldn’t put two and two together and realize what was really going on.

            Thankfully, TaeMin only sighed and let it go. “Fine, go tutor the stupid guy,” he pouted.

            “I thought you liked Key now?”

            “Not anymore~” He pouted his lips while stomping off to somewhere. JongHyun could do nothing but laugh at the silliness that was his friend.

~

            Coffee and pastries smelled up the café with all it fragrances. Barely anyone was in the small restaurant even though it was around the time when everyone should be packing up the place with their crazy demands.

            Key had set up his books on a table in the back where he was secluded, but not completely. A triple swirl caramel macchiato with whip cream and cinnamon sprinkles on top sat at the top of one of his thicker text books. A Half eaten cookie lay crumbling in a plate on one side of the book since he was reading over the words on the uncovered side.

            As if Key hadn’t already been excited about seeing JongHyun, the caffeine and sugar was just adding on to his energy.