Chapter 40- consequences

Bella POV

"Queen Isabella, I have the Cullens with me" Heidi announced.

"Come in"

Walking in, Heidi smirked at me. The Cullens all followed behind. Heidi lined the Cullens up vertically.

If you had told me three years ago that I would be deciding the fate of Esme, a woman I had once considered a mother to me, I would have laughed. If you had asked me whether I would ever consider ordering Carlisle's - a father to me- death, I would have answered no with shock to the question. Yet now I wasn't sure. Now, I hated the family that stood before me. I hated the man I considered a father more than I could even explain. And the only person, I hated more was his son. Edward.

"Aro. Come now this is no way to treat a brother" Carlisle exclaimed as he walked towards Aro, desperation evident in his eyes.

Felix held him back.

"You are no brother to me, you tried to kill my daughter!" Aro exclaimed.

"Daughter?!" Carlisle laughed. "She isn't your daughter. She's a frail, worthless, clingy thing. Come now, we have been friends for such a long time, we can't have a little game like Bella pull us apart!"

"Bella isn't pulling us apart, Carlisle.You are" Aro answered calmly.

"That bitch has done nothing but ruin our family!" Carlisle exclaimed, as he stepped towards me.

Alec growled and pushed Carlisle to the ground.

"Shut up or you'll be sorry"

"You're just a kid, what are you gonna do?" Carlisle scoffed.

Alec motioned at Felix who held Carlisle back. Alec pulled his arms back. Carlisle gritted his teeth. Alec pulled further.

Carlisle began to scream out.

"Alright, that's enough" Marcus clapped his hands.

"Don't try anything else" Alec warned him, as he walked up to me.

I smiled at him.

Alec put his ear by my mouth. "Thank you" I whispered "you look hot when you're angry"

Alec smirked at me.

Pulling away, I noticed that Edward was watching me. I quickly put my shield up over all of the volturi. Edward looked around confused.

I smirked at him.

"Well" I announced, standing up "it's always nice to have some courtesy and politeness. I love it when guests are polite. Don't you, Caius?"

Caius scoffed.

"Long time no see, right?" I laughed. "Bet you guys all thought you got rid of me, didn't you. You probably thought how stupid and silly I was. Did you have a good laugh about it afterwards?"

Edward looked bored. Well he wouldn't be bored later.

"You know there are always consequences to your actions" I murmured thoughtfully, as I paced the hall.