3. Home.

(Edited)

I felt the plane lower to the ground and it jerked as its wheels hit the tarmac, the plane slowing down until it stopped. I opened my eyes and a wave of nausea washed over me so I shut them again. I always hated the landings. I was fine with the actual flying and the take offs but I couldn't stand the landings.

"Miss, you need to get off the plane now," spoke a flight attendant. "Miss, you don't look so good, do you want some Panadol?" She asked, I nodded my head and she walked away only to come back with a few pills and a glass of water. "Here take this," the attendant smile.

"Thank you," I replied after I had swallowed the pills.

"No problem, it looked like you needed it," she smiled and I thanked her again before grabbing my carry on bag and heading out of the plane door. I waited in line for a cab, one eventually came and I told him the address to the school. He drove there and I paid him the fee and got out.

The steps were covered in a thin layer of snow and I had to grab the railing to stop myself from falling over. I was just about to get to the doors when I stood on a very slippery spot and fell over. I let out a yelp but I didn't hit the ground. A strong pair of hands caught me as I fell and I sighed in relief.

"Are you alright?" A boy asked lifting me so I had my feet firm on the ground again.

"Yes thank you so much," I replied as I dusted the snow off my pants, I looked at the boy he had sandy blonde hair and light blue eyes, he was a cutie. "I'm Jackie by the way," I offered my hand.

He shook it, "Zachary but just call me Zac," he smirked at me, "You new here? I didn't see you last year."

"Yeah," I replied with a smile. He opened the dorm doors for me and I went in picking up my bags of luggage, the warm air hit me and I stopped shivering. I hadn't realized how cold it actually was outside. It was freezing.

I stepped up to the dorm office counter and told the brunette my name. She looked to be in her mid fifties and smiled warmly at me before giving me my dorm keys and class schedule. "A week ahead of school you are. Did you want to get settled in before it started?" She asked.

"Yeah. Plus didn't have a choice."

"So there has been a delay in your transport. It won't be arriving until school starts, but here are the keys," she passed me my motorbike's keys and pointed to a hallway. "Your room is down there turn left than right.. Okay I am hopeless at giving directions, sorry. But Mr Hux could probably show you."

Zac snapped his head up at the sound of his name. He hadn't been paying attention to our conversation but nodded his head anyway.

We walked down a light purple coloured hall and made a few turns here and there. "Here," Zac suddenly stopped at the front of a room that read 206. I crashed into his back and rubbed my now sore nose mumbling an apology. I thanked him and unlocked my room.

"Do you want me to show you around tomorrow?" He asked smiling slightly.

"That would be nice," I agreed.

"If you're wondering where everyone is they're still coming. Most people don't arrive until a day before school starts, and you might have a roommate too," he smiled again. "I'll see you tomorrow Jackie."

And with that he left. I closed the door behind me and wandered around the room, the whole mini apartment had two bedrooms a small kitchen section, a small balcony, a bathroom and a living room. The whole thing was tiled and the walls were painted white in all the rooms except the bedrooms which were painted orange. The bedrooms included a doubled bed with a built in wardrobe and a wooden desk. I threw my luggage in one of the rooms.

I walked back into the lounge and watched some TV, it was about half past six when there was a knock at the door than I heard a key slide into the lock. A girl with curly blonde hair and light blue eyes walked in with three suitcases full of luggage. I jumped to my feet and took some of her luggage. What did she have in here? It felt like a million tonnes.

"Tabby Hux," she smiled, "And thank you so much."

"I'm Jackie Skye," I smiled back at her. I carried her luggage into the other room and put them on her bed.

"So you're my roomie?" She asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

"Well just to warn you, you probably won't want to hang around with me. I'm kind of a nobody," she smiled sadly.

"Hey, I don't care, it doesn't bother me what your social status is," I smiled at her.

"Aww thank you," her face brightened and she gave me a big bear hug.

"No probs," I laughed as she hugged me.

"So do you know anyone here yet?" Tabby asked. Taking in her features properly she was beautiful and I'm surprised she didn't have any friends. She had slightly tanned skin and sunny freckles which in my opinion suited her. Her sandy blonde hair cascaded in curls down her back an her blue eyes sparkled.

She was much better looking than me. Yeah, I liked my body. It was in good shape and I loved my deep red curls and changing shades of blue in my eyes depending on what mood I was in. But I found myself pale like really white and I would refuse to tan. I'd just burn instead.

"Jackie are you okay?" Tabby asked waving her hands in front of my face.

"Yeah, sorry.  Zoned out, and I did meet this one boy his name is Zac." I smiled.

"No," she cried dramatically.

"What? What is it?" I asked.

"He is my twin brother," she mumbled. "He is the reason no one likes me. He made everyone hate me. Just because I told his three girlfriends that he was cheating on them. He made my life hell at this school."

"Well he hasn't turned me against you," I smiled at her. What a dick, who does that to their own sister. "And I'll make sure no one messes with you," I winked.

She giggled, "thank you Jackie."

"Damn he offered to show me around tomorrow," I remembered.

"Well go I don't mind. Saves me and plus I have to unpack," she smiled.

I yawned making Tabby yawn too. "I gotta get some sleep, I think I'm going to take a nap," I yawned again.

"Okay I won't be to far behind," Tabby smiled. I got up and walked to my room.

I unzipped some of my suitcases and found my bed spread. It was a dark red colour with white roses on it. Dad had packed it because he had caught me looking at it in a shop one day.

I made my bed up with the bed covers and jumped in. I fell asleep just about when my head hit the pillows.

<><><><>