28. False Evidence.

I smiled to myself pulling my dad into his car at six in the morning on a Friday, "why so early?" He complained pouting.

May I add last Friday of the term. Yeah I forgot..

"Because I need to put them back on before tonight and it took ages just to take them off, plus this is your punishment for setting me up with Tanya," I sighed getting into the passengers side of his hummer.

"I said sorry for that but six, look I do love you but not that much," he grumbled an I rolled my eyes as he started the car and drove to the morning pick up bay of the paint shop.

"Quit your whining you," I smiled getting out of the car and walking into the bay. "I'll be back."

"Are you miss Skye?" The guy asked as I walked in.

"Yeah, here to pick up my motorbike covers," I grinned and he smiled handing me a heavy box.

"Their in there," he smiled and I thanked him after signing some papers and walking out of the shop an back to dads hummer.

"You take forever," dad yawned.

"Calm down, just drop me off at the storage units and you can go back to sleep," I said rolling my eyes and sliding back into the passenger seat.

"But I just want to sleep now," he whined starting the car and pulling off in the direction of the units.

"Since when did my dad become such a whiny girl," I grumbled and he smiled.

"You going to school?" He asked.

"Probably not, depends on how long it takes me to finish," I shrugged.

"At least try to do one session, you shouldn't be skipping so many," he pointed out.

"I'll try an make the last two sessions," I sighed as he pulled up.

"Thank you, I'll see you later than?" He asked.

"Yeah, be at the tracks around nine, the races don't start till half past," I smiled shutting the door and walking to my unit with the box in hand.

I opened the unit and started my work, this was going to be a long day.

**

I smiled proudly at my slick black paint job with the art work covering my tank. It turned out great and those people made the art look awesome.

I poured the fuel into it and the oils. I smiled wishing myself good luck as I turned the key.

I grinned and slid on my helmet swinging my leg over my baby as the engine came to life. It was coming close to the end of lunch so I would be able to make the last two sessions as promised.

I took off out of the unit hoping off just to close it and heading in the direction of school.

People stared as I drove in, they were probably used to me walking by now. I heard whispers as I pulled up next to Toby's bike and cut my engine.

'Is that Jackie?'
'Did she get a new bike?'
'What happen to her other one?'
'No it's the same bike, it's just a different paint job.'
'It looks really good, who do you think designed it?'

These were all things I heard as I pulled off my helmet letting my dark red hair fall around my shoulders. I smiled to the students I knew and walked through the crowd to the same old table that I saw the boys sitting around.

"Hey Jackie, nice ride," a cute year ten smiled.

"Thanks, just finished putting on my new art work this morning," I smiled back.

"Did you design it?" Her friend asked.

"Yeah, I design all my bike art works," I grin and she smiled before waving goodbye and walking off towards her other friends.

"Hey Jackie didn't think you'd show," Scott laughed as I reached the table that Chloe, Zac, Kain and him sat around.

"I had to show off my bike," I grinned.

"Wait you've fixed it?" Kain choked on his burger.

"Yep, took me three weeks, but it should be ready for the finals for Jack tonight," I smiled happily sitting down next to Chloe.

"Good on you," Chloe smiled but something was off with her.

"Are you alright?" I frowned and her face gave up in hiding her frown for a split second.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she smiled and I gave her a look telling her we were going to talk about it later.

"Anyways, where's Blakey?" I asked noticing he wasn't sitting with us.

"Talking with Jesse," Scott shrugged.

"They've been talking all lunch," Zac grumbled.

"And why are you upset than?" I asked.

"Because its boring without him, you need two Love idiots for entertainment," Zac smirked while Scott pouted.

"I'm not an idiot," he pouted.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy, now if you don't mind me I have places to be," Kain said checking his phone and getting up.

"Sure you do," Zac snickered rolling his eyes at Kain.

"Booty call?" Scott smirked.

"Something like that," Kain replied walking off.

"That guy and his needs," Zac chuckled.

"The only one that hasn't changed this year," Scott laughed.

"You guys changed?" I questioned wondering what they meant.

"Yeah, we stopped messing around with girls, although Scott never did, he was the goodie two shoes," Zac chuckled.

"Was not," Scott protested.

"What about everyone else?" I asked.

"Well the worst were Jesse and Kain, always having competitions on who could bang the most girls in a week. Blake, he wasn't that bad but he did make out with people a lot," Zac shrugged.

"And he was flirting with every girl insight and was banging the ones that didn't put up with his crap," Scott snickered gesturing to Zac.

"Shut up, I'm not proud of my player ways, but I did like them feisty," he shrugged glancing to see Chloe's reaction.

"So what made you all change?" I pondered, as they never acted like that when I was with them, except Zac at the start, and Blake at party's. Oh and that jerk, who was making out with that slut.

"You, all you girls," Scott smiled.

"When you came you didn't take crap from no one, but you were nice to everyone. It was like you had a double personality," Zac smiled.

"Well I wouldn't go up and be mean to someone I didn't know, I judge people on their actions," I shrugged.

"And yet your friends with me," Zac smirked.

"Yeah you were a dick at the start, but at least you saved me from hurting my butt," I grinned.

"That snow, your lucky too, and that was pretty funny," Zac laughed.

"Shut up, the ice was slippery," I frowned.

"Sure, sure Jackie," Zac said rolling his eyes at me.

"You know, today's the last day of the term," Scott sighed.

"Yeah, than a weeks break and back again," I shrugged.

"Wait, today?" Zac asked.

"Yeah, you forgot, didn't you?" I chuckled.

"No...." he trailed off and I rolled my eyes at him as the bell went.

"Come on guys, class," Chloe smiled standing up.

"I'll walk you to class, and Scott I'll meet you in humanities," I smiled hooking my arm around Chloe's and pulling her off to her classroom.

"Okay spill," I instructed.

"I'm getting this bad feeling about tonight," she sighed her face looking pained.

"Like how bad?" I asked.

"Like someone's going to die or something, Jackie you shouldn't race," she said in just above a whisper.

"I'll be fine, I promise," I smiled reassuringly.

"Jackie, when I feel like this, bad things happen, I had this feeling when my parents died in a car accident, it never works out," she said shaking her head to push away the bad memories.

"I promise, I'll double check everything, hell I'll triple check everything," I smiled as we arrived outside her class.

"You promise," she asked holding out her pinky.

"I promise," I smiled linking my pinky with her before she entered the class.

I walked through the halls, I was already five minutes late, so their wasn't a point in being any faster.

I groaned when I walked in noticing the two empty seats.

Tabby.

Jesse.

Tabby.

Jesse.

Tabby.

Jesse.

I groaned again as Tabby put her legs up on the seat and glumly made my way over to Jesse in the corner of the room.

"Sorry," Scott whispered to me as I walked past him and Penny.

"It's okay," I sighed, "I'll get you back later," I added with an evil smile.

"Oh god, what have I done," I heard him mutter dramatically, I rolled my eyes at him as I slid into the seat next to Jesse.

This was going to be a long and uncomfortable class...

**

I stood up and swung my bag over my shoulder as the bell went and everyone exited the classroom.

I was about to follow them out when a hand clasped onto my wrist and tingles shot through my arm, seriously, I thought they had disappeared.

"I need to talk to you, privately," Jesse said pulling me around to face him.

"Well I really don't want to be late for my next class, sorry," I apologised trying to pull my arm from his grip. It was either he had a very good grip on me or I wasn't really trying. Probably the first one.

"Since when do you care about being on time?" He asked rolling his eyes and closing the door as everyone left.

"Since the alternative option was being here with you," I grumbled and he finally let go of my wrist.

"Look I really didn't want to talk to you either, but Blake is making me," he snapped glaring at me as he pulled out a folder and chucked it on the table in front of me.

I sighed picking it up and looking through it, they were pictures of me, with everyone. Caught on the right angles to look like it was an intimate moment.

A picture of me kissing Zac at the party.
Of me kissing Jay at the party.
Of me being picked up by Jordan at the smoothie bar.
When I was holding onto Blake with a massive smile on my face, when I was going to get my bike painted.
With Mr Taylor at the races when I had hurt my leg and he was checking on me.

"That is why I called you a slut, because you are one," Jesse spat.

I started laughing at this, "am I getting stalked or something?"

"Someone put them in my bag," he shrugged confused.

"Zac is hopelessly in love with Chloe, I was drunk when I kissed Jay, Jordan was happy because I got him a date with Britty, Blake was taking me to get my bike resprayed and Toby was checking up on me because of my leg," I said shaking my head and showing each of the photos as I said it.

"So your not fucking any of them?" He asked with a frown.

"No, I meant what I said, I haven't slept with anyone, at all," I huffed.

"At all?" He questioned.

"Yes Jesse, get it through your head, I'm still a virgin, I said I wasn't a slut," I snapped walking towards him to the door that he was blocking.

"But the way you act.." He trailed off.

"Maybe I give people the wrong idea, but I treat my guy friends like brothers, like how I treat my girl friends like sisters. I don't trust guys anymore, never really have because of my mother, I've had two boyfriends, who both cheated on me. Yeah I kiss guys but they always know the reason. You need to stop being so one sided and believing things about someone without asking them," I ranted running a hand through my hair and Jesse stepped out of the way thinking about my words.

I didn't give him time to respond as I was already out the door and halfway to drama. I sucked in a sharp breath and pushed open the door walking in. The class had already started ten minutes ago but no one cared that I was late.

"Did he talk to you?" Blake asked softly.

"Yes," I smiled sitting next to him.

"Are you okay Jackie?" Britty asked hugging me.

I nodded my head numbly and all the loves joined into the group hug. At that moment I felt happy, that I had friends that care about me this much, way more than my mother ever did.

<><><><>