5. The mall.

(Edited)

"Come on Jackie, wake up," Tabby spoke shaking me awake.

"What time is it?" I grumbled in annoyance to my pillow.

"Ten and we leave at eleven, so you have to get up," Tabby said ripping the sheets off my bed.

"Ugh, Tabby I'm cold, let me sleep!" I pouted and pretended to shiver.

"Nope, get up we're going shopping and than I'm going to show you around town," she replied throwing some clothes to me.

I got up and walked to the bathroom and change into the skinny jeans and knitted sweater that Tabby had picked out for me. After playing with my hair and getting a little frustrated because it wouldn't go how I wanted it to, I chose to leave it down and make up I couldn't be bothered with it.

"Hurry up Jackie, I gotta pee!" Tabby banged on the door.

"Fine, I'm done anyway," I replied opening the door to Tabby jumping from foot to foot. I laughed at her expression and stepped out of her way and she shut the door behind her.

I went to my suit case and grabbed my dark blue vans and slid them onto my feet.

"You ready Jackie?" Tabby yelled from the hall. Instead of replying I got up and walked out to her and we walked to her car .

"Uh, miss Skye?" The brunette receptionist asked as we were walking out the door.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Your transport has just been put on an earlier shipment and will arrive on Thursday night instead," she smiled. I must of been grinning from ear to ear at the news, yes I got to see my baby sooner.

"Thank you," I beamed, before walking after Tabby.

We got in her blue ford and drove to a massive complex full of shops. This mall was huge like bigger than the White House! Huge!

"Wow, this mall is huge," I spoke voicing my thoughts.

"After this I'll show you the Friday track there's races each Friday but its not exactly legal. And the ice rink, the pool and the fair grounds, there's a show coming up in a few months if I'm right," she beamed. One place lured me in. A race track.

"So this race track what do they race?" I asked pressing the subject as we walked into the first shop.

"Mainly bikes."

"How do you get in?"

"Just ask, but you have to be of age, have your own bike and male," my shoulders slumped at the words male.

"Why aren't girls aloud to race?" I whined.

"To dangerous, it's a men's sport," Tabby replied in a deep voice trying to sound manly.

"Can we watch it this Friday?" I asked a plan forming in my head.

"Yeah sure."

We browse through the different shops buying anything we liked. I brought a couple of new shoes, some posters, a quilt, clothes and a new curling iron for my hair.

"You wanna get ice cream?" Tabby asked.

"Yes please," I smiled.

We got our ice creams and sat down on a bench outside it was still cold but it wasn't snowing it was nice.

"We should get a dog?" Tabby more of asked out of the blue.

"Sure wanna go get one now?" I asked I never had a dog and I always wanted one.

"Really?" She replied surprised.

"Yeah come on," I said getting up and walking to the pet shop I had seen before.

As soon as we walked in a cute tiny golden Labrador caught our eyes.

"We have to get that," I said to Tabby pointing at the sleeping bundle of fur.

"Hello are you interested in that puppy there?" The shop clerk asked. Me and Tabby nodded our heads at the same time. "Your lucky, last one left, someone has just brought her brother," the clerk smiled.

She took the puppy out to the back and filled out the papers and we walked around the shop picking chew toys and collars and all the rest of stuff dogs need.

"Here's your puppy she's up to date with her needles so far, do you have a name in mind?" The clerk asked passing us the small bundle of fur.

"Ricky? Penny? Lola?" I asked.

"Lola!" Tabby said with a smile cradling the puppy.

After we paid for the stuff we walked out of the shop and Tabby showed me the track. It was a back street track, it was paved but had a dirt bit, it was the best track I had ever seen. And I was so gonna race on that. I had been the unbeaten racer in my old town and I loved to race, yeah so bad ass right.

"Wholly shit! you do realize we brought a dog!" Tabby said shocked as reality hit her.

"Yep," I replied popping the 'p'.

"Wow," was all that she said.

<><><><>