58. Light & Dark.

"Kara!" I called out at the end of lunch trying to catch her.

She hadn't been in her first three classes and I didn't see her for most of lunch because I had another meeting with the principle, double checking everything from last time.

She looked around trying to find the person that had called her, her eyes finally landing on me. I pushed through the bustling crowd consisting of people rushing to their classes and trying to say goodbye to others.

"Hey Jackie," Kara smiled as I reached her.

"Hey, where were you?" I asked.

She smiled sheepishly, "I slept in, badly..."

Rolling my eyes I smiled lightly, "Figured, I can see the bags."

"Gee thanks girly, anyways, what's up? And how was that important meeting you skipped school for yesterday?" She asked.

That was actually the will reading that had been moved from last Saturday. I was yet to open the letter my mum had left for me.

Toby had gotten all of mums money and the profits from her part of the company.

"It was fine," I shrugged referring to her latter question, "I wanted to talk about the dance, and us having a surprise appearance."

"Your going?" She frowned.

"Yep, and so are you. I won't take no for an answer," I smirked.

"That's why you wanted to know my dress size last week.." She said fitting it all together.

"Yeah, I brought them when I was in Remma, come over mine after school and well get ready together," I smiled.

"Fine, have you told anyone else?" She questioned raising an eyebrow.

"No... It's going to be a surprise," I shrugged.

"Alright, I'll see you after then, I gotta get to class," she waved at me before turning on her heel to leave.

**

I smiled setting out the dresses on my bed, Tabby had left an hour ago to get ready at Britty's and Kara was due any moment.

The dress I had picked for Kara was a pearl white colour with off the shoulder sleeves, it had a corset style top half with white embroidery detailing around the edges, past the hips though it flowed elegantly reaching the floor but having a slit up to your knee. The dress was beautiful and I knew Kara would make it look even better.

My dress on the other hand was black with no sleeves and a lace clothed top half, the top stopped just above my hips and puffed as it changed to the fabric usually in wedding dresses, but not as extravagant. Finishing at my feet, it fit me like a glove.

"Sorry I'm late, had to call my mum and tell her I was going," Kara apologised walking into my room.

"It's okay, it doesn't start till seven," I smiled.

She looked down at the dresses and gasped, "Oh shit..."

"Good oh shit? Or bad oh shit?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Good, oh shit, Jackie these dresses are just.. Wow.." She trailed off.

"The whites yours," I pointed to it.

"Score," she fist pumped a massive grin taking over her face.

I could just see her face splitting in two...

"At five thirty there will be people coming over to do our hair and make up, so if you want, go take a shower," I nodded in my bathrooms direction.